• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

US Octanejunkie's Review Thread

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have dealt with him several times and every time I do, his packing is outstanding, his specimens are healthy and lively and most importantly, his communication is on point. This review is long overdue (my apologies) and he deserves a 10 star rating. I highly recommend Octanejunkie to anyone in this hobby whether it be a purchase, trade or loan. He is an upstanding gentleman to deal with and a wonderful asset to this hobby. Thank you for all of your contributions. :) Looking forward to our future business with each other. :)

Much love @octanejunkie ,

Casey K.

Last edited:

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Much love @octanejunkie ,

Casey K.
tenor-9.gif

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Soooo....where to begin....
I never had any issue writing down reviews in the past, mostly when I was disappointed with a seller in order to warn other and share my experience, taking one for the team as they say.
This is a bit different her with @octanejunkie .
Do not be fooled by his username, this is not a prepubescent teen but a grown up adult!
Octanejunky by a lot of his comments might come out as an oddball but hidden under some sometime questionable sense of humor (deep deep under!) you will find a gem.
I started interacting with the person who became my favorite nemesis on the forum and as you imagine soon enough it was time for some T business.
Having been burnt before purchasing from “sellers” on the forum, from CB female arriving labeled as WC and a few months later showing hooks, from DOA, from people shipping the Ts to a wrong address to plain scammers, it is easy to imagine how tricky and nerve wrecking it is to send money to someone you’ve never met with little to no assurance you will actually get what you paid for. Let’s just say that always assuming the worse, it was a pleasant surprise to deal with him. Yes he is selling Ts but this dude actually doesn’t do this for a living. He is a hobbyist with a genuine passion and love for his Ts who also breed them and now ends up having to sell some of his slings to make space for some more Ts (we all know the struggle). I like to think of him as someone selling pot not to make money but just to be able to cover his own consumption.
Ts he will sell you do not represent a price tag, they are living and breathing little creatures he “birthed”, raised and deeply care for. You are not just a buyer for him, you are someone he is entrusting with the children of his children!
I know it starts to sound melodramatic but it is so refreshing to find someone to get Ts from who care about them as much as you will.
As expected from someone who probably spend too much time taking care of them, your Ts will arrive perfectly packed, plump and healthy. He will also hunt you down until you’ll confirm they arrived safe and you are fully satisfied.
Except the fact that he called me Vinny, it is hard to find anything wrong to say about this seller.
I know I’ll order again from him, another T is on its way as I am writing this and I wanted to share my experience with you all.
I learnt the hard way that “New Member” sellers with prices too good to be true, and who will say yes to anything you’ll ask them, are a risk I am no longer willing to take and I’ll never second guess any dealing with @octanejunkie. Things sometimes can how wrong but this guy will relentlessly do anything in his power until you are fully satisfied.
P.S: although it might sound like it, I have not been paid for this review (but would accept any Ts you’d send my way :p ).
Cheers.

liquidfluidity

3 Year Member
Just completed a transaction with Octanejunkie. As others have stated, wonderful, knowledgeable, down to earth, and very communicative seller. Specimens arrived in excellent health - even after a FedEx snafu. All was good and I have added him to my short list of trust worthy sellers. Aside frim the business end...... I made a new friend and mentor. My respect and thanks go out to you my good man. I will, no doubt, leave a similar review for our next transactions!

Short and sweet. I'll let the above novels cover all of the details.

Have a great day my friend!

Leepbby

@octanejunkie A long overdue review .... I have to say one of the nicest yet most funny sarcastic people I have ever met. What a great experience purchasing 2 versicolor slings he made everything so much easier by going into much much detail on enclosures for them being versicolors in particular plus the cute little red rump as well who I hardly ever see because it has made itself and amazing burrow and tunnel system . They are all doing soo well and are all beautiful babies !!! But very smooth transaction well packaged and shipped even sent me his own DIY enclosure so I had a copy to be able to replicate I hope I did okay such a helpful person who goes above and beyond I can't thank you enough ... I will post pictures shortly ... But would definitely recommend and can't wait for my next adventure with ordering from again....

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@octanejunkie A long overdue review .... I have to say one of the nicest yet most funny sarcastic people I have ever met. What a great experience purchasing 2 versicolor slings he made everything so much easier by going into much much detail on enclosures for them being versicolors in particular plus the cute little red rump as well who I hardly ever see because it has made itself and amazing burrow and tunnel system . They are all doing soo well and are all beautiful babies !!! But very smooth transaction well packaged and shipped even sent me his own DIY enclosure so I had a copy to be able to replicate I hope I did okay such a helpful person who goes above and beyond I can't thank you enough ... I will post pictures shortly ... But would definitely recommend and can't wait for my next adventure with ordering from again....
The pleasure was mine. I'm glad everyone is doing well and I can't wait to see your pics!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ordered a few slings, and juvenile from him. Great communication, great packaging, sizing was accurate, and even he even followed up to make sure everything came in safe. Overall a pleasant experience.
Appreciate the kind words and I'm glad you and your new crew are happy, safe and well. Thanks again!

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Outstanding from start to finish. I ordered 11 slings, and they arrived today. Great communication, slings were healthy and extremely well packed. Really couldn’t ask for anything more. Highly recommend.
Thank you so much for the review, and your order. I hope you got as much delight out of the slings as I do from their parents

Noodlelove

Soooo....where to begin....
I never had any issue writing down reviews in the past, mostly when I was disappointed with a seller in order to warn other and share my experience, taking one for the team as they say.
This is a bit different her with @octanejunkie .
Do not be fooled by his username, this is not a prepubescent teen but a grown up adult!
Octanejunky by a lot of his comments might come out as an oddball but hidden under some sometime questionable sense of humor (deep deep under!) you will find a gem.
I started interacting with the person who became my favorite nemesis on the forum and as you imagine soon enough it was time for some T business.
Having been burnt before purchasing from “sellers” on the forum, from CB female arriving labeled as WC and a few months later showing hooks, from DOA, from people shipping the Ts to a wrong address to plain scammers, it is easy to imagine how tricky and nerve wrecking it is to send money to someone you’ve never met with little to no assurance you will actually get what you paid for. Let’s just say that always assuming the worse, it was a pleasant surprise to deal with him. Yes he is selling Ts but this dude actually doesn’t do this for a living. He is a hobbyist with a genuine passion and love for his Ts who also breed them and now ends up having to sell some of his slings to make space for some more Ts (we all know the struggle). I like to think of him as someone selling pot not to make money but just to be able to cover his own consumption.
Ts he will sell you do not represent a price tag, they are living and breathing little creatures he “birthed”, raised and deeply care for. You are not just a buyer for him, you are someone he is entrusting with the children of his children!
I know it starts to sound melodramatic but it is so refreshing to find someone to get Ts from who care about them as much as you will.
As expected from someone who probably spend too much time taking care of them, your Ts will arrive perfectly packed, plump and healthy. He will also hunt you down until you’ll confirm they arrived safe and you are fully satisfied.
Except the fact that he called me Vinny, it is hard to find anything wrong to say about this seller.
I know I’ll order again from him, another T is on its way as I am writing this and I wanted to share my experience with you all.
I learnt the hard way that “New Member” sellers with prices too good to be true, and who will say yes to anything you’ll ask them, are a risk I am no longer willing to take and I’ll never second guess any dealing with @octanejunkie. Things sometimes can how wrong but this guy will relentlessly do anything in his power until you are fully satisfied.
P.S: although it might sound like it, I have not been paid for this review (but would accept any Ts you’d send my way :p ).
Cheers.
I consider octanejunkie a new friend. It was an absolute pleasure to purchase slings from him. I'm new to the hobby and the board and consequently this community. He is respectful and considerate. He very much cares for the spiders but is polite and respectful in his communication with the people who want to purchase his beautiful T.'s You cannot go wrong purchasing from him. Please look at his media and see the astounding enclosures and arachnids he posts on this board. octanejunkie is a gem in this hobby.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I consider octanejunkie a new friend. It was an absolute pleasure to purchase slings from him. I'm new to the hobby and the board and consequently this community. He is respectful and considerate. He very much cares for the spiders but is polite and respectful in his communication with the people who want to purchase his beautiful T.'s You cannot go wrong purchasing from him. Please look at his media and see the astounding enclosures and arachnids he posts on this board. octanejunkie is a gem in this hobby.
Thanks so much for your kind words, and your order! Enjoy your new, little friends :T:

Alternia78

Just wanted to give a positive review and shout out to Mike aka octanejunkie. Mike took time to answer my questions and was super accommidating to my schedule. I would advise if you are looking to get into Ts or add to your collection hit Mike up. You wont be disapointed i assure you. Me and my new GBB say thanks Mike!

Latest posts