• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not feeding

James1975

Hi everyone I've recently purchased a c marshalli from a invert show a female about 5" the next day she molted I've left her for 2 weeks to harden up,I've now tried feeding her but does not want to know, now can it be her housing as I think it should be bigger,I was sold the enclosure and the man said it would be ok as they are a burrowing species.i can send u pics if it would help.thanks.james.

AndrewClayton

Hi everyone I've recently purchased a c marshalli from a invert show a female about 5" the next day she molted I've left her for 2 weeks to harden up,I've now tried feeding her but does not want to know, now can it be her housing as I think it should be bigger,I was sold the enclosure and the man said it would be ok as they are a burrowing species.i can send u pics if it would help.thanks.james.
Pics would be great thanks. if it’s not eating just give it another week some Ts can take longer to harden up

James1975

Pics would be great thanks. if it’s not eating just give it another week some Ts can take longer to harden up
Here is the pic.
15700251079266732890558561634598.jpg

T-Baby

3 Year Member
In my opinion adults always take longer to eat after moulting.. I actually leave my adults for 3 weeks before trying to eat, just making sure they have clean water. Tarantulas can go a long time without food but very little time without water.

I would leave her alone for another week. If no success try leaving something prekilled, maybe she’s a secret eater.

James1975

In my opinion adults always take longer to eat after moulting.. I actually leave my adults for 3 weeks before trying to eat, just making sure they have clean water. Tarantulas can go a long time without food but very little time without water.

I would leave her alone for another week. If no success try leaving something prekilled, maybe she’s a secret eater.
Ok thanks but what made it worse she had a bad molt she had 2 heads,she has got it of now though.and it's my first old world t..I will give her another week and try her again.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Hi James. Confmgrats
Ok thanks but what made it worse she had a bad molt she had 2 heads,she has got it of now though.and it's my first old world t..I will give her another week and try her again.

No wonder she wasn't interested in food. I assume you mean the carapace didn't come off? Glad she's got it off herself. Sounds like you're doing the right thing by waiting a bit longer before feeding.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I've seen pictures of other people's T's where the same thing happened and it does look like they have 2 heads! Glad she managed to shed all her moult in the end :)