• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Not an introduction, but a potential goodbye.

Avicularia Kael

So, lately some of my T’s have been dying for reasons I can’t really explain. It started with Pecan, my Chilobrachys huahini. Then it was my scorpion, Dune (not a T, but you get the idea). Now it was my newest T. My Caribena laeta. I have 3 T’s alive at the moment. If I can’t keep these 3 alive, I don’t know what I’ll do. The ones that survived are Nagini, my Ceratogyrus darlingi, my Brachypelma albopilosum, and Chaka, my Grammostola pulchripes. The Hardy 3 as I call them. Luckily, I have a mantis and a small and at the moment queenless ant colony (Lasius cf. aphidicola).

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So, lately some of my T’s have been dying for reasons I can’t really explain. It started with Pecan, my Chilobrachys huahini. Then it was my scorpion, Dune (not a T, but you get the idea). Now it was my newest T. My Caribena laeta. I have 3 T’s alive at the moment. If I can’t keep these 3 alive, I don’t know what I’ll do. The ones that survived are Nagini, my Ceratogyrus darlingi, my Brachypelma albopilosum, and Chaka, my Grammostola pulchripes. The Hardy 3 as I call them. Luckily, I have a mantis and a small and at the moment queenless ant colony (Lasius cf. aphidicola).
I genuinely hope this is not a goodbye! You are a fantastic member of the forum and 'tarantula family'. Unfortunately deaths are inevitable and many cannot be explained. It is nothing you are doing so keep the faith dude.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I totally agree with @Phil, most of us suffer losses at times in fact I have just lost my C. laeta adult female at 5 years old and I don't understand why. Please, please don't give up.

Avicularia Kael

I also forgot to mention that my huntsman died last week, but it was a wild caught adult so totally explainable. The other deaths are just kind of ridiculous...

FishermanSteve

3 Year Member
I know it sucks but don’t lose hope. Just remember, no matter how awful it seems, there are other people soo miserable that they resort to attacking people they don’t know on the internet. Lol that is rock bottom

GarField000

3 Year Member
We all have death's. It's sad but it's true.
I had a female A.geniculata that died (DKS, but probarbly because the live plants came from flowershop that used pestisides) and I quit for a while ... a short while. After 6 months I bought 4 slings from the A.geniculata ... although some died ( got a freebee somwhere as well) I still ahve 3 now.
During the hot summer i lost 7 !! ??? :(. Very sad. And I lost all 5 C.versicolor ....
Things like that happen .. some where my mistakes, some where unexplained. We all need to learn also.