• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newly Interested

SpidergirlSophia

I have recently received a Brachypelma Emilia sling and am constantly worried about her well being. I don’t know if I should add more substrate because I just found out that she may want to burrow. She was inside the water bowl the other night. She is in a 10 tank that was part of a kit sold at Petco for lizards. I have been utilizing the heat lamps.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2 MB · Views: 17
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 16

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome!

That tank is way too large for that tiny sling and yes, way more substrate is required. I would put that fella in a 6x6x6 container with 3-4" of substrate, water dish and starter burrow/cork bark hide. You want 1.5-2x the Ts DLS in free climbing height max.

Look at the Enclosures section here and welcome!

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi and welcome :)
You are right about needing more substrate.. Well to be honest the enclosure is way to big for your T.. Get a plastic enclosure with a clip top lid(less than half the size of what she's in now) and make ventilation holes in it half fill it with sub give her a hide and water dish and that's all you need.. Please don't use heat lamps - they are not needed and will cause dehydration hope this helps you in some way :)

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hello and welcome!

That tank is way too large for that tiny sling and yes, way more substrate is required. I would put that fella in a 6x6x6 container with 3-4" of substrate, water dish and starter burrow/cork bark hide. You want 1.5-2x the Ts DLS in free climbing height max.

Look at the Enclosures section here and welcome!
Sorry we both put our replies up at exactly the same time lol :D

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Don't you love how her title is the same as the other guy that wants a T in his office? Great minds think alike, I tell you! :)

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I think a lot of people are newly interested in things these days. It's not as uncommon as you'd think

Latest posts