• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Newbie here...I need help to ID what T we got

Wilze

received_750287082415936.jpeg

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Orphnaecus pellitus....I think. There's not much info on them. There's only 4 Orphnaecus species and its definitely one of them.
My first thought was orphanacus dichromatus? Only saying that as we have all the other orphanacus but that's the one we are missing from our collection lol...
Apparently have a nasty disposition but I've never come across that with this genus myself :)

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
There's definitely more than 4 orphanacus in the hobby weather this is due to revision I don't know? We currently have
O. Phillipinus
O. Sp negros
O. Sp cebu
O. So blue panay
O. Sp blue quezon
.. Just need that dichromatus :D
Pellitus should have a reddish brown abdomen from my understanding - leke @Arachnoclown says not much info out there about them :(

Wilze

My first thought was orphanacus dichromatus? Only saying that as we have all the other orphanacus but that's the one we are missing from our collection lol...
Apparently have a nasty disposition but I've never come across that with this genus myself :)
I'm new to this hobby just started 1week ago...just found out that these spiders are not deadly to humans and we have lots of them on coconut husk...so we keep a few of them as pets

Wilze

Hi and welcome.. Did you find or purchase this tarantula? :)
We got this just across the river on coconut husk
There's definitely more than 4 orphanacus in the hobby weather this is due to revision I don't know? We currently have
O. Phillipinus
O. Sp negros
O. Sp cebu
O. So blue panay
O. Sp blue quezon
Pellitus should have a reddish brown abdomen from my understanding - leke @Arachnoclown says not much info out there about them :(

Attachments

• received_325868255226575.jpeg
    received_325868255226575.jpeg
    90.4 KB · Views: 14
  • received_319757202562287.jpeg
    received_319757202562287.jpeg
    72.1 KB · Views: 15
  • received_2484575385174767.jpeg
    received_2484575385174767.jpeg
    107.8 KB · Views: 15
  • received_353619382466753.jpeg
    received_353619382466753.jpeg
    109.3 KB · Views: 15

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I have 8 of them...my other friend got 30+ just caught in his backyard, those pictures are his tarantulas...mine are a little smaller
You certainly have various orphanacus species there in those pictures -

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
O. Phillipinus
O. Sp negros
O. Sp cebu
O. So blue panay
O. Sp blue quezon
My book is a few years old... :)