• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New to the forum and 1st Tarantula!

GreenKnight

Hey All,

I hope everyone is well. Just wanted to write to say hello and share pics of my first Tarantula. I grew up having lizards but Tarantulas have always fascinated me, but honestly also intimidated me. Then two years ago I heard the "Animals at Home" podcast, with the host interviewing Tom Moran about his own history. I was very much drawn to then start watching Tarantula videos, more and more. And now two years + Pandemic later...I picked up by first Tarantula!

I got a Grammastola Pulchra (Brazilian Black), 2 inch, unsexed, from Eresus Spider Shop (great shop btw).

I've attached some pictures of the prepared Enclosure (tarantula cribs, 6"X4"x4"), and then some with the G. Pulchra inside. Enjoying this forum, and seeing everyone's pictures and enclosure set ups.

Thanks all!

Attachments

• Empty_Front_041721.jpg
    Empty_Front_041721.jpg
    3 MB · Views: 14
  • Empty_Front_two_041721.jpg
    Empty_Front_two_041721.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 17
  • Pulchra_Detail_041721.jpg
    Pulchra_Detail_041721.jpg
    2.3 MB · Views: 16
  • Pulchra_Top_2_041721.jpg
    Pulchra_Top_2_041721.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 17
  • Pulchra_Top_041721.jpg
    Pulchra_Top_041721.jpg
    2.8 MB · Views: 14

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Welcome to our little corner of the internet, and a wonderful hobby, fellow Angelino!

G pulchra is a great first T :D

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello & welcome to the forum. Tom Moran is a great starting place, he is so much more intelligent & knowledgeable than so many of the other youtubers.

Leepbby

Hey All,

I hope everyone is well. Just wanted to write to say hello and share pics of my first Tarantula. I grew up having lizards but Tarantulas have always fascinated me, but honestly also intimidated me. Then two years ago I heard the "Animals at Home" podcast, with the host interviewing Tom Moran about his own history. I was very much drawn to then start watching Tarantula videos, more and more. And now two years + Pandemic later...I picked up by first Tarantula!

I got a Grammastola Pulchra (Brazilian Black), 2 inch, unsexed, from Eresus Spider Shop (great shop btw).

I've attached some pictures of the prepared Enclosure (tarantula cribs, 6"X4"x4"), and then some with the G. Pulchra inside. Enjoying this forum, and seeing everyone's pictures and enclosure set ups.

Thanks all!
So beautiful... great pictures and the enclosure from tarantula cribs I've been really wanting to try them. I'm pretty new myself to the forum nice to see another newbie.. welcome

Latest posts