• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new to tf

prince charmless

Hello all, just signed up. Became interested in Ts about a year or so ago. Primarily focused on old worlds at the moment. Purchased a Cyriopagopus sp. "hati hati" from a local business. This was the third specimen that they ordered from the same supplier. The first arrived dead, the second dying, the third, which I actually bought lived for 3 days. I'm wondering if this species is particularly delicate, or if there is a problem with the supplier? At this point, I have given up on "hati hatis". As far as asian species go, I currently have a chilobrachys sp. "electric blue", chilobrachys sp. "vietnam blue", and an omothymus violacoepes. Africans: pterinochilus murinus, pelinobius muticus and a heteroscodra maculata. All are doing well. Cannot, however figure out what the problem is with the "hati hatis". Currently looking for a poecilotheria rufilata. I have not yet attended an "expo". There is one coming up 7-3-21 in lebanon, Tn. that I plan to attend. Looking forward to it. Don't let your anthoscurria bite your geniculata

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello & welcome to both the hobby & the forum.

Hati haiti are a fairly robust tarantula. But not an ideal beginner's species. Haiti haiti means beware, take care. And in general pet / reptile shops are a poor location to buy T's from, they, in general, know next to nothing about tarantulas & do not always source from the best locations.

prince charmless

If any body is interested in piranhas, and happen to live in middle Tennessee or southern Kentucky, I have a 5 year old 6" serasalmus iritans wild caught in Colombia. Kind of hard to come by. Picky eater. Make offer

Attachments

• IMG_0052.JPG
    IMG_0052.JPG
    433.6 KB · Views: 7