• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

new set up. let me know what you think.

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
hey all, here is the new home for my buddy, my only concern is the skull, i don't think its to high, but let me know what you guys think. and its for a blonde. thanks. the second picture, is the current set up.

Attachments

• spider tank.jpg
    spider tank.jpg
    528.1 KB · Views: 47
  • spider tank 2.jpg
    spider tank 2.jpg
    615.5 KB · Views: 43

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Looks good, I would just add an additional darker hide, and if you don't have one already a water bowl. (no spounges.)

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
Yeah, I don't think, I will run the light, I just have it on to dry the coco, I might put a black light blub in it? I have a peanut jar lid in the other set up, I'm pretty. Thirfty, lol, the 5 gallon was from my friend, so I don't have much in the set up. Over all cost so far is 22 cents for 2 crickets. Thanks for the reply.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ah, I had assumed that the light was for taking the picture. Light is a bad idea. Tarantulas like it dark and quiet. the more light they see, the less of them you'll see. Thrifty is good. My typical enclosure cost for a large T is $5 or less. You can buy plant saucers at Home Depot for $0.24. That's what I use for water bowls, and have for years. PB lid works too. I personally just like the clear water bowls.

Josh

Administrator
Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
Looks good! Keep up the good work. I think most of us are trying to find thrifty ways of doing things these days!

Rich Kaminski

3 Year Member
i removed the skull, i figured it was too big for the 5 gallon, i just bought a small clay planter, hopefully she will take to it, i have also found some palm tree pieces, i dont know what they are called? they look good, and provide a hiding spot.

Nada

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
the problem with stuff that you find, is that you don't know what kind of Chemicals/pesticides were used on it. Just be a bit more careful in the future.

Latest posts