• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New member. Seeking guidance.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This is a hobby myth. A large enclosure will make it hard for a small spider to find its food...thats it. Hunger stress. Tarantulas in the wild aren't stressed because they are free to roam. These myths in the hobby come from people that want you to do things their way...not necessarily the right way. I've got spiders in enormous tanks...not one is stressed.

Isaac.Loure

20190606_221657.jpg
This is my T. Blondi Enclosure. Its 36x18x12. Shes probably 8 inches.

Rahhh1983

3 Year Member
As long as you get the food to the spider and your set up is adequate with temperature, humidity, substrate, etc..... than I feel there is no such thing as too big of an enclosure. Sometimes if you have a fast crazy spider, it's better to go larger so you dont have to rehouse as often.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
A larger enclosure can make it much easier to operate with a defensive or nervous species.

If they can find feeders & the water dish, fine.

You can switch out hides for larger ones. as the tarantula grows.

For ones that have a strong feeding response, you can use a larger enclosure as well because they will run down the feeders.

A geniculata is a good example of this.

Isaac.Loure

A larger enclosure can make it much easier to operate with a defensive or nervous species.

If they can find feeders & the water dish, fine.

You can switch out hides for larger ones. as the tarantula grows.

For ones that have a strong feeding response, you can use a larger enclosure as well because they will run down the feeders.

A geniculata is a good example of this.
Interesting thanks

Latest posts