• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New here and new to the hobby

Sarah77t

Hi, I'm Sarah, I bought my first tarantula 8 weeks ago, a 3cm Mexican Redleg, called Regan. I became interested in spiders after buying a couple of Phidippus Regius slings last year plus a praying mantis. It's nice to know I can get questions answered by other keepers as I'm sure I will have plenty along the way. Thanks to @Phil for letting me know about this forum.:T:

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi, I'm Sarah, I bought my first tarantula 8 weeks ago, a 3cm Mexican Redleg, called Regan. I became interested in spiders after buying a couple of Phidippus Regius slings last year plus a praying mantis. It's nice to know I can get questions answered by other keepers as I'm sure I will have plenty along the way. Thanks to @Phil for letting me know about this forum.:T:
Hi Sarah, welcome to the forum. Great bunch of people on here. really helpful and welcoming. We all love to see pics and I know you have some brilliant pics of your regal jumping spiders so don't be shy, let everyone enjoy your pics :):T:

Sarah77t

This is Jorge, my phidippus Regal jumping spider
20190415_131206.jpg

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
great pics. You can also go to the gallery section, followed by 'add media' button and then select the drop downs to load etc. Will hit a wider audience as these are really good pictures that I am sure more people would love to see

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Sarah,
welcome to the forum-I too joined here thanks to the lovely @Phil :)
as you will find out owning Ts is more of an addiction than a hobby and before you know it you will be adding to your collection...@Phil will be able to help you with that I'm sure!
beautiful royal python you have there too!:)

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi Sarah,
welcome to the forum-I too joined here thanks to the lovely @Phil :)
as you will find out owning Ts is more of an addiction than a hobby and before you know it you will be adding to your collection...@Phil will be able to help you with that I'm sure!
beautiful royal python you have there too!:)
It's like I always say, being an 'arachnoholic' is real. :T::T::T::T::T:

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to the forum and the hobby.

Note: we are not responsible (we are, we just claim to not be for fun) for enticing new keepers further into the hobby by way of tarantula pictures.

Latest posts