• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New enclosures, first timer.

Ello it’s Ellen

I got these 3x3x6 herpcult enclosures since I really liked the design. I have no tarantulas but have been researching for the last few weeks and want to get some for my birthday in about a month. Would these be alright for adult C. elegans or other dwarfs that like to bury?
BE54A52E-B9CD-4808-A7D4-C88404A88D8C.jpeg
5F599D16-A2FB-49FC-97B8-9DC03A55E64C.jpeg

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
For an adult that may reach 2" in size a 3"x3" is too small regardless of depth. Average C. elegans adult is 1.5"+ I'd be looking for a 6" cube or 8" round with about 4" of substrate.
You can start a 3/4" to 1" sling in that enclosure but you will most likely have to re-home it some day.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Here's a good read

EDIT: Sorry wrong link at first. This is not C. elegans but a similar size and burrowing characteristic T.

Here's a species-specific link

Last edited:

Ello it’s Ellen

Here's a good read

EDIT: Sorry wrong link at first. This is not C. elegans but a similar size and burrowing characteristic T.

Here's a species-specific link
Okay, awesome I’ll be doing more research and making sure I have proper sized enclosures for all kinds of T’s

Latest posts