• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New C. versicolor Enclosure - Zilla micro habitat

Matthew

3 Year Member
My versicolor has outgrown its current home and is in need of an upgrade. I decided to give the new Zilla arboreal micro habitat a try. I have to say I like the way it has turned out. The enclosure looks great. It assembles easily and is much sturdier than I thought it might be given that it is held together with silicone bands. The only thing I am concerned about is the amount of ventilation. It has decent cross ventilation on the sides, I just wish the ventilation area was larger/covered a larger portion of the sides. But given the way it is put together none of the seams are sealed except the tub at the bottom so airflow really shouldn't be an issue. This is the larger 8x6x14 version. I picked up a terrestrial version too in this same size. Next terrestrial spider to reach adulthood will likely end up in that.

IMG_4324.jpg

IMG_4318.jpg

IMG_4321.jpg

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My versicolour is in a not dissimilar glass enclosure & has been in there for almost a year now. These enclosures are not totally ideal, but mine has done OK in his. Although I have said from the start, when he outgrows it, I'll get him a better ventilated enclosure.
Edited to add. It would only take a few extra holes lower down, to help you feel better about it, if you feel the need to do it.

Jeremy-psychonaut

My versicolour is in a not dissimilar glass enclosure & has been in there for almost a year now. These enclosures are not totally ideal, but mine has done OK in his. Although I have said from the start, when he outgrows it, I'll get him a better ventilated enclosure.
Edited to add. It would only take a few extra holes lower down, to help you feel better about it, if you feel the need to do it.
I just got a similar enclosure and added more holes, seems to be working great

Latest posts