• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New at this

jwkate

Hi

I joined because my Chilean rose tarantula died at the age of 22 last spring (I had her for 18 years after getting her from a famliy that had had her for 4), and I'm interested in another one. Unfortunately, I didn't really do everything right the first time around and after reading here, I can see I have a lot to learn about proper tarantula husbandry.

I don't want to support pet stores, so I'll need to find a good tarantula breeder, I guess, and I'm hoping this forum will be able to point me in a good direction and help me set up her environment better than the one I already have.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Welcome to TF. Dry substrate, sand or cocofiber or excavator clay. Water dish, and hides/cover. They like it dry. I'm not sure how many people are offering captive bred rosea, I kind of like the fact that I can go to a pet store and pick out an adult female for cheap though.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hi and welcome to the forum.
You can't have got it so wrong if she lived to 22 :)

Latest posts