• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New Additions Thread

AphonoMel

3 Year Member
Got a juvenile Brachypelma Emilia from all places.....Petco.
Needed some stuff for my fish tanks and walked by the display case for
lizards and other reptiles.Saw a sign saying tarantulas, looked inside and I saw
a Brachypelma Hamorii in one enclosure and a Brachypelma Emilia in the other one.
The signage only said "Mexican Rare Tarantula "on both,asked the worker about the
price and was told it costs $99.99.But another worker over heard our conversation and
told me that they were 50% off.So,that was a no brainer and I pulled the trigger and got the Emilia.Went back the next day to get the Hamorii but it was gone.They were both a decent size,about 3 -3 1/2 inches.

Attachments

• IMG_20210607_172150_881.jpg
    IMG_20210607_172150_881.jpg
    283.4 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210607_172150_965.jpg
    IMG_20210607_172150_965.jpg
    265.9 KB · Views: 14
  • IMG_20210607_172704_453.jpg
    IMG_20210607_172704_453.jpg
    202.6 KB · Views: 13
  • IMG_20210607_172704_390.jpg
    IMG_20210607_172704_390.jpg
    309.9 KB · Views: 13

rosehaired1979

3 Year Member
lizards and other reptiles.Saw a sign saying tarantulas, looked inside and I saw
a Brachypelma Hamorii in one enclosure and a Brachypelma Emilia in the other one.
The signage only said "Mexican Rare Tarantula "on both,asked the worker about the
price and was told it costs $99.99.But another worker over heard our conversation and
told me that they were 50% off.So,that was a no brainer and I pulled the trigger and got the Emilia.Went back the next day to get the Hamorii but it was gone.They were both a decent size,about 3 -3 1/2 inches.
So jealous I would have gotten both lol

Teresaisrad

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I also got my emilia there. It was $60.

Mygalomorphic

That's a great deal! I always see them for sale and pass them by because I don't want to encourage Petco. One time I saw what I thought looked like a female B. emilia (it was climbing on the glass) and it had missing leg. I asked how much it would be and was told $99, when I asked if I could get a discount for it missing a leg they said no.

AphonoMel

3 Year Member
That's a great deal! I always see them for sale and pass them by because I don't want to encourage Petco. One time I saw what I thought looked like a female B. emilia (it was climbing on the glass) and it had missing leg. I asked how much it would be and was told $99, when I asked if I could get a discount for it missing a leg they said no.
I would normally pass on it but at half off I just couldn't resist.

Tarantulafeets

Adding a splash of orange to my collection, an O philippinus and 2 OBTs:happy: The OBTs are already showing some orange, but the O philippinus still has a long way to go.

O pillippinus:
So smol
P1060196-01.jpeg

OBT #1:
This one went straight to the starter burrow and stayed there for a while, but is now roaming in circles at the top of its enclosure.
P1060209-01.jpeg

OBT #2:
This one was a bit stubborn and didn't want to leave its old delicup, and eventually had a bit of a roam around the edge of its new enclosure. It then quickly started webbing the entrance to its starter burrow and shut itself in. (Its stubbornness let me get a few extra pics though)
P1060228-01.jpeg

P1060223-01.jpeg

Jenniferinfl

Went to a show, added N. chromatus, P. muticus, another H. gigas cause it was a freebie and a tiny sling labeled C. paganus- I know that's not likely what it is, so it'll be a surprise.
Ran out of money early because kid picked out a leopard gecko and I bought Rubber Ducky isopods.. lol

Jenniferinfl

I moved the P muticus out of the deli cup and into a 4" Amac tonight. What a terrible personality.. lol

Have to say, these guys are definitely individuals. Our old one that we had years ago would hide during disturbances like changing the water bowl and so on. He was pretty chill, you know, for a P muticus. This new little 1" one is a stinker. All he did was threat pose and strike during the whole rehouse attempt. Of course, should have realized that was likely the case when he was the only one out in the open at the show and all the others were retreated down burrows. That should have been a dead giveaway. My last two pokie slings were docile little lambs for their rehousings compared to this fellow.. lol