• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

New A. Avicularia! Any Advice?

nedaK

Just got a new T and its a Pink Toe! This is my third tarantula, my others being a N. Chromatus and a G. Porteri. It ate a small cricket almost an hour ago now. I'll put some pics of its set up below.This probably will only be a temporary set up, I don't know, depends on what you guys say.

GOPR0666.JPG

GOPR0667.JPG

Last edited:

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It needs a taller enclosure. Avics are tree dwellers and they dont like the ground. They need things to climb on. Heres a couple videos to get some ideas of what these guys need. First is a video of some young juveniles moving out of there sling enclosures into juvenile ones. The second video is of my adult female pinktoe getting a deep clean on her enclosure. With all avics they need lots of cross ventilation.

nedaK

It needs a taller enclosure. Avics are tree dwellers and they dont like the ground. They need things to climb on. Heres a couple videos to get some ideas of what these guys need. First is a video of some young juveniles moving out of there sling enclosures into juvenile ones. The second video is of my adult female pinktoe getting a deep clean on her enclosure. With all avics they need lots of cross ventilation.

Ok... Thanks. I did give it a fork bark flat that it likes to climb on. I know it needs a taller enclosure but the spider is only 2.25 inches of so, and I don't want to give it an enclosure that is too big. The smallest thing we have in my area is a 10 gallon tank. I would have to order from Jamie's or somethin.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ok... Thanks. I did give it a fork bark flat that it likes to climb on. I know it needs a taller enclosure but the spider is only 2.25 inches of so, and I don't want to give it an enclosure that is too big. The smallest thing we have in my area is a 10 gallon tank. I would have to order from Jamie's or somethin.
In the first video I made those enclosures from containers at Walmart for $2.00 you can put the vent holes in with a soldering iron or a hot nail and a pair of pliers.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
In the first video I made those enclosures from containers at Walmart for $2.00 you can put the vent holes in with a soldering iron or a hot nail and a pair of pliers.
excellent advice (as usual) :)

Latest posts