• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Neoholothele incei "gold" Enclosure?

Major 78

Hey! So I will be getting my first T soon! (Because of Casey K's generosity, she's giving it to me for free! She's so nice!) It's going to be a 1 in. Neoholothele incei "gold". I am going to get this enclosure from Jamie's Tarantulas for it, it's a kit so it has almost everything I need for its enclosure. Here's what it is included with (direct quote from Jamies Tarantulas website)
Terrestrial Juvenile Enclosure Kit
Terrestrial kit measures 4" square x 5" tall. This kit is recommended for terrestrial spiderlings under 3" and includes; -Cube with removable 2" vent -Cocofiber substrate -Tree moss -Corkbark -Silk plant -1" acrylic water bowl (pictured but hard to see) https://jamiestarantulas.com/terrestrial-juvenile-enclosure-kit/

So I was wondering what else I would need for an enclosure? Or is this everything? Also, how deep should my substrate be for this sp. (enclosure is 5" tall, 4"x4" wide)? Does this sp. like to burrow a lot? I know it's a heavy webber.

Thanks!

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have a 2" incei in there somewhere...:D
15460450858075307612114387753255.jpg

Webbed up to the tippy top. Dry substrate and a water dish. Mine buried its hide...has web tunnels everywhere now.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That's a whole lot of web... You sure this isn't some arboreal?! Lol. When was the last time you saw it?
I see it running around in there...fast glimpses. I'm going to rehouse it this weekend, it's way over due. I'll share some pictures with you when I'm done.

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Ha ha ha! Thanks @Arachnoclown ;). I actually tried to be discrete about it, lol. Didn't want any cookies but I appreciate the kind words! :) (well.....maybe a chocolate chip would be nice.....hmmm....) lol

I actually enjoy welcoming new members to the hobby. He touched my heart strings when he said he wanted his first T and I can tell he is sincere about it....bless his heart, lol. I'm just gonna give him a little jump start....
:T:

Major 78

Ha ha ha! Thanks @Arachnoclown ;). I actually tried to be discrete about it, lol. Didn't want any cookies but I appreciate the kind words! :) (well.....maybe a chocolate chip would be nice.....hmmm....) lol

I actually enjoy welcoming new members to the hobby. He touched my heart strings when he said he wanted his first T and I can tell he is sincere about it....bless his heart, lol. I'm just gonna give him a little jump start....
:T:

Awww... Thanks!! You have no idea how much you doing this for me means. I’ve been saving and saving to get my first T, doing research, trying to make money off of my other insects! This kind action has made the world a brighter place for me. While to the onlooker it might not seem that big of a deal, but you have no idea. Where else do you see strangers fulfilling your dreams! Litterly, I’ve dreamt about tarantulas several times! (All good dreams, no scary T. Strirmi’s lol). But seriously, tarantulas can get expensive. And to give someone one for free?!!? A stranger too! Wow, this is such unheard of kindness. Bless you!! ❤️

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Awww... Thanks!! You have no idea how much you doing this for me means. I’ve been saving and saving to get my first T, doing research, trying to make money off of my other insects! This kind action has made the world a brighter place for me. While to the onlooker it might not seem that big of a deal, but you have no idea. Where else do you see strangers fulfilling your dreams! Litterly, I’ve dreamt about tarantulas several times! (All good dreams, no scary T. Strirmi’s lol). But seriously, tarantulas can get expensive. And to give someone one for free?!!? A stranger too! Wow, this is such unheard of kindness. Bless you!! ❤️

Thank you.....and you are very welcome! :)

Nunua

3 Year Member
Your setup sounds great! This is how my shy little N. incei gold girl lives
f8b92e556a.png

5a22808782.png

My enclosure may be a bit "semi-arborealish" thanks to the root, but as they're prolific webbers and Eos has started using the root efficiently as anchor points, I just let it be. Many people say that their N. incei tends to sit on top of the webbing, but my individual prefers hiding in the chamber under the root, so I usually don't see her more than this.

d99069185f.png

Anyway, very sweet and easy to keep species. Welcome to the hobby - and the addiction! :D

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Your setup sounds great! This is how my shy little N. incei gold girl lives
f8b92e556a.png

5a22808782.png

My enclosure may be a bit "semi-arborealish" thanks to the root, but as they're prolific webbers and Eos has started using the root efficiently as anchor points, I just let it be. Many people say that their N. incei tends to sit on top of the webbing, but my individual prefers hiding in the chamber under the root, so I usually don't see her more than this.

d99069185f.png

Anyway, very sweet and easy to keep species. Welcome to the hobby - and the addiction! :D

That is a BEAUTIFUL setup! :)

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
@Major 78 don't let @Casey K. Fool you, she has mysterious telepathic ways of convincing you to get more eight legged additions. I ought to know, half of my collection I bought from her at different points within the last couple of years.
Gotta give 'em a taste to get 'em hooked!
Seriously though, that was a very nice gesture from Casey, I remember the pain of saving for aquarium heaters and equipment when I was a kid with little to no income, a helping hand is always appreciated and Major has struck me as a good guy over the last few months of knowing him from online forums, the most I could do for him was lead him here!
One thing I see missing Major is a set of tongs, but I guess you might have some from ant keeping. They are pretty much essential for maintenance, I have hit a "trip wire" before and had a sling jack-in-a-box out of its burrow, I almost used my fingers, if I had I would have been bitten for sure. When dealing with venomous animals using implements is something you need to make second nature so you don't have to think about it, it's so easy to be lax and use your hands and that's how people get tagged.
Congratulations on getting your first tarantula! (When it arrives)

WolfSpider

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Casey is gracious, sweet, a single mom, entreprenour, and hot. Not quite sure why she is not beating jerky men like me away with a stick—or maybe she is. Casey, you are a major credit to our passion. Thank you.

Major 78

Gotta give 'em a taste to get 'em hooked!
Seriously though, that was a very nice gesture from Casey, I remember the pain of saving for aquarium heaters and equipment when I was a kid with little to no income, a helping hand is always appreciated and Major has struck me as a good guy over the last few months of knowing him from online forums, the most I could do for him was lead him here!
One thing I see missing Major is a set of tongs, but I guess you might have some from ant keeping. They are pretty much essential for maintenance, I have hit a "trip wire" before and had a sling jack-in-a-box out of its burrow, I almost used my fingers, if I had I would have been bitten for sure. When dealing with venomous animals using implements is something you need to make second nature so you don't have to think about it, it's so easy to be lax and use your hands and that's how people get tagged.
Congratulations on getting your first tarantula! (When it arrives)

I actually do have a set of tongs, I hate picking up roaches and mealworms with my bare hands! Thank you for the kind words!

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Casey is gracious, sweet, a single mom, entreprenour, and hot. Not quite sure why she is not beating jerky men like me away with a stick—or maybe she is. Casey, you are a major credit to our passion. Thank you.

Awww, you are too kind. Oh, usually I don't have to beat them away with a stick.....my mouth usually works....ha ha ha ha....:D:p.......buuuutttt.....I throw a pretty mean punch....lol.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I actually do have a set of tongs, I hate picking up roaches and mealworms with my bare hands! Thank you for the kind words!
I actually find it hard to catch crickets with tongs, unless I want them squished! I've learned that it's best to use them for any cage maintenance though. Luckily my first lesson only involved a "dry" tag from a little communal scorpion my hand got too close to, still itchy though! It wasn't near what I was picking up but my little finger got too close to where it was perched.

Latest posts