1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need to call an exterminator soon . . .

Discussion in 'General Tarantula Discussion' started by KhoanScart, Mar 16, 2019 at 11:46 AM.

1. KhoanScart

KhoanScart Member

So it looks like some bees decided to swarm around my window and the entrance to our attic. We'll have to call an exterminator soon and I've already arranged for my brother in law to keep my tarantulas at his place while this gets taken care of. How long should they stay out of the house before I can bring them back in? Is a week long enough?
  2. Enn49

Enn49 Moderator Staff Member Premium Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

I think usually with bees they just subdue them with smoke and take them away. I'd ask them if they will be using chemicals of any kind.
    Inventory Full, RonC and ilovebrachys like this.
  3. Metalman2004

Metalman2004 Well-Known Member

Enn is correct, they probably won’t be using any chemicals. They’ll probably just collect the bees and relocate them.
    ilovebrachys and Enn49 like this.
  4. Rs50matt

Rs50matt Well-Known Member

It sounds stupid but I think bees are protected so they aren't allowed to kill them. They'll possibly remove your facia and locate the queen and relocate. Check to make sure but better to be safe than sorry
    ilovebrachys and Enn49 like this.