• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need suggestions for juvenile enclosures

NorseDad

I'm looking to do some rehouses for a few of my juveniles. For example, I have a male Pamphobeteus insignis with about a 3.5" dls that has way outgrown the acrylic enclosure I have him in. My collection is large but with many slings. My few sub adult/adults specimens are in Tarantula Cribs or modified Exoterras. I just can't justify the rising prices on the T-Cribs right now for my juveniles who will out grow them. I made most of my sling enclosures and use the mainstays containers for my arboreal slings/juvies.

I would really like some suggestions for containers for my group of Ts in the 3.5-4" range. I really want something that will be functional, but also not be milky like a sterilite container. I'm trying not to break the bank, and my personal DIY skills are limited.

(I'm in the US, just FYI. Thought I'd mention that for the sake of what might be available where I am.)

timc

3 Year Member
If you’re talking about terrestrials I think kritter keepers work pretty well for juveniles. They might not be the most attractive enclosure in the world but they’re inexpensive, clear and perfectly functional. Most of my collection is in them because I’m not the richest man in the world and my DIY skills are also pretty limited.

NorseDad

If you’re talking about terrestrials I think kritter keepers work pretty well for juveniles. They might not be the most attractive enclosure in the world but they’re inexpensive, clear and perfectly functional. Most of my collection is in them because I’m not the richest man in the world and my DIY skills are also pretty limited.
I hear you. I just need to find a vendor that doesn't only have neon pink. lol

paulcfc

My salmon pink might be in need of a new enclosure,but still seems fine in this...any sugestions?

Attachments

• ssssamon.jpg
    ssssamon.jpg
    7.5 MB · Views: 10

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I have a selection of enclosures I use for juvies, I have some small commercial enclosures, plus I have several in 5 inch cube food containers. I use these as a halfway between sling tube & an Exo Terra Faunarium.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I personally hate critter keepers and use almost anything but.

Latest posts