• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

desmondchew555

P. Regalis about 4”
E732A370-C393-4926-821A-F8EFD70B3CF6.jpeg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Looks female to me, ventrally....can you show us a dorsal view?

AndrewClayton

View attachment 41033
Dorsal looks male with the dark shade so I’m very confused!
I think that looks more female I’m sure there is a difference in the dark shade around the eyes that makes them sexually dimorphic, females having more and covering more eyes if you can see what I mean where as the males will have a sharper angle on the darkness coming through the eyes, I’m definitely no expert but have had a few P Regalis you will definitely be able to tell a difference in the next couple of moults as the Male gets very washed out and dull and you will hardly notice the markings

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'd say it looks female dorsally but I am going off of the abdominal stripe. Males usually have a more prominent stripe than females....females stripes/pattern are broad and not as dark. Poecies are a bit more difficult to sex for me, ventrally but if they are at least 3+" you can go off of their dorsal pattern. I could be wrong. I make mistakes, too, lol. Sure fire way of telling is to check the molt! :)

Last edited: