• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need some assistance with my Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens.

IbnkalbsArachnids

Hello everyone,

I have a female Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens and she recently stopped eating and webbed herself off in her corner. I think she is in premolt as she had kicked off all her abdomen hairs and she looks like she has a baboon butt. She continues to fortify her webbed up home. I have plenty of water in there for her and I occasionally mist her web so she can get a drink.

Any suggestions or have I covered everything with her? This is my first Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens and I don't want anything to happen to her. Considering she cost me 250.00 I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to keep her healthy and thriving. It's all about the spoods and their health. At least to me and I believe that everyone else here feels the same way. Thanks

IbnkalbsArachnids

20190516_104539.jpg

She is alive and moving.

IbnkalbsArachnids

Well everyone just an update on my Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens female. She hasn't molted yet and it has been 10 weeks a took a little pipette and put droplets on her web and she went to the water straight away. She opened one side of the corkbark corner because of a dubia that made its way into that corner and she wanted it gone. Lol. I'm still just patiently waiting for her to do her thing. Here is a picture of my Pterinopelma sazimai female she starting to look like she might be in premolt as well.

mrsoul1974

3 Year Member
From what I have read and researched online, all you need to do is keep waiting. No misting, all you need is a water dish. The GBB does not need the same humidity requirements as other tarantulas. I have a GBB spiderling that molted last week. Best of luck to you!!!

IbnkalbsArachnids

Hello everyone,

I have a female Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens and she recently stopped eating and webbed herself off in her corner. I think she is in premolt as she had kicked off all her abdomen hairs and she looks like she has a baboon butt. She continues to fortify her webbed up home. I have plenty of water in there for her and I occasionally mist her web so she can get a drink.

Any suggestions or have I covered everything with her? This is my first Chromatopelma Cyaneopubescens and I don't want anything to happen to her. Considering she cost me 250.00 I want to make sure I'm doing everything I can to keep her healthy and thriving. It's all about the spoods and their health. At least to me and I believe that everyone else here feels the same way. Thanks

Update: My girl Azure has molted she did this on the 15th of June and I am so happy. Here is her molt and she is doing well. Thanks everyone for replying. She is still hardening up and hasn't come out yet but I will post a picture when she does.
20190615_123058.jpg

Latest posts