• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help

Jprimm33

I bought this "pink toe" from the pet store.... what is it really? I've googled and have a few ideas.. but just seeing if anybody knows 100% lol

Attachments

• 20210525_170624.jpg
    20210525_170624.jpg
    712.6 KB · Views: 24

shaun

3 Year Member
I thought that it might be a G. pulchripes, but i am definitely not an expert!!!

shaun

3 Year Member
Terrible, the way that some pet shops will tell you anything to make a sale, probably providing totally incorrect care requirements!

Jprimm33

Terrible, the way that some pet shops will tell you anything to make a sale, probably providing totally incorrect care requirements!
Yes they did! I had to go get a whole new setup. But its ok. He/she was worth saving! The pet store was totally wrong. Had less than an inch of substrate.. heat lamp.. no moisture what so ever. It had been there a while. I can't refuse a neglected animal. Have a baby bird now trying to save.. its my downfall.. I'm a sucker

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Yes they did! I had to go get a whole new setup. But its ok. He/she was worth saving! The pet store was totally wrong. Had less than an inch of substrate.. heat lamp.. no moisture what so ever. It had been there a while. I can't refuse a neglected animal. Have a baby bird now trying to save.. its my downfall.. I'm a sucker
The bad part of this is that it encourages the pet store to stock and sell more
Ok long shot lol but male or female?
Looks female

shaun

3 Year Member
At least it will be cared for properly now.
How lazy are pet shops? Anyone can get online and research the care of t's. They just don't bother!