• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help pleaae

Deserthawk

15810FF6-AC2B-4F22-AA7A-146C7A1F0829.jpeg
i just got this tarantula today. I dont know the age or sex of the tarantula. How do i know how old it must be and is it close to molting?. The whole day it has been in a corner where it made web structures.
Thanks

Attachments

• 2F22E0FE-3558-4751-BD79-45539A8112DF.jpeg
    2F22E0FE-3558-4751-BD79-45539A8112DF.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 9

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Hello and welcome :)
Age is difficult to judge as there are so many things that affect its size, frequency of feeding, temperatures and sex can all make a difference. What size is it from front foot to diagonally opposed back foot?
To tell you the sex a clear photo of the underside will be needed.
Tarantulas often take time to settle down in a new home so don't worry, the fact it has started webbing is a good sign

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's a untrue lie in the hobby....tarantulas especially hamorii live on and burrow in sand. Nothing wrong with sand.
^This. I spent two years chasing tarantulas around the desert as a kid. They seemed pretty healthy in their sandy burrows..hobbyists err on the side of caution, which is good, but sometimes we go to far with ****..

Latest posts