• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need help pinch grab feeding

Seekeroftruth

My significant other pinch grabed my juvenile t albo so we could feed it. It has dks. I kept putting the mealwom to it but it didnt take it. I didnt have long to try because it was coming out of his pinch grab! We had to put it back down so he didnt drop it. Hes afraid of holding it harder because he doesnt want to hurt it. I dont know what to do.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How did you diagnose DKS?

Take a look here

Seekeroftruth

It doing the weird leg movements. Its also very weak which other dks spiders dont seem to be? Ive got it in the nicu now. I was able to get it to bite the mealworm. I didnt know if he should hold it the whole time while it was eating the mealworm but just layed it gently down with it in its fangs. I dont think it can coordinate its pedipalps though so i honestly dont know if its going to be able to adjust the mealwom in order to finish it. Is it suggested to pinch hold it until it finishes eating it or will it be to scaeed to ear it while being held?

Latest posts