• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

NEED HELP! I DONT KNOW WHATS GOING ON!

TankyBoom0_0

So I've had my chilean rose hair tarantula for a few years now and recently she's been sitting in her water bowl with her legs submerged. But now, she's sitting in it in a strange position and almost half of her body submerged under water. It's making me worry a lot and I don't know what's going on. She hasn't had any problems before. She still reacts when I blow on her.

52FC91C0-F318-4C77-B0EB-F24539DF868D_1_105_c.jpeg

Casey K.

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I can't quite tell from the pic but I would gently remove her from the water dish. She could've been trying to climb and perhaps fallen into that position? Her book lungs may be submerged partially in that water. If her book lungs are submerged, he/she can't breathe.

Last edited:
Could she possibly be drinking some water and cleaning herself? I’ve had T’s look like they were in a death curl and they were just cleaning themselves and a few of my T’s hang out in their water dish. How long has she been in there for? Are we talking a few hours? Or a few days? Weeks? T’s don’t breathe the way we do so she’s not going to drown because she’s sitting in water, they don’t need much oxygen. Please update and let us know how she’s doing.

TankyBoom0_0

Could she possibly be drinking some water and cleaning herself? I’ve had T’s look like they were in a death curl and they were just cleaning themselves and a few of my T’s hang out in their water dish. How long has she been in there for? Are we talking a few hours? Or a few days? Weeks? T’s don’t breathe the way we do so she’s not going to drown because she’s sitting in water, they don’t need much oxygen. Please update and let us know how she’s doing.
shes been sitting in the water with only her legs submerged for like a week and with her body submerged for a day. I took her out of the water today and emptied her water bowl and provided a small bottle cap filled with water. She's went back to sitting inside the empty water bowl. Could she be molting?

Bethan567

I can't quite tell from the pic but I would gently remove her from the water dish. She could've been trying to climb and perhaps fallen into that position? Her book lungs may be submerged partially in that water. If her book lungs are submerged, he/she can't breathe.
My red knee is a little big and needs a new enclosure. But is always climbing mostly on side of tank(as I have only just realised she needs a new home). And is always extremely close to the water dish. I always worry and make sure she is away from the water. Moving her away. Always flicks at me as have become quite aggressive since the last moult. She goes back but i just keep checking. Just maybe try moving her away from the dish or the dish in a different spot and see if she stops doing it. X

shes been sitting in the water with only her legs submerged for like a week and with her body submerged for a day. I took her out of the water today and emptied her water bowl and provided a small bottle cap filled with water. She's went back to sitting inside the empty water bowl. Could she be molting?
She could be in premolt and lethargic. She might just be fond of her water dish.

Konstantin

3 Year Member
Hi
Have you tried to move the dish in different spot?
Regards Konstantin

Latest posts