• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Need confirmation...

Crax

I suck at sexing younger molts. I don't own a microscope anymore and don't want to wait a year for them to get big enough for me to know the gender of my T.

I suspect Sing is a girl but wanted extra eyes.

Attachments

• 20191212_013412.jpg
    20191212_013412.jpg
    813.1 KB · Views: 26

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I see structures that look female however, it could be another part of the moult that hadn't been cleared away from that area. There's part of a book lung right underneath the furrow, so I'm not sure if what I'm seeing is the real thing or something extra. Is it possible to clear everything around and below the furrow and take another shot? A nice clear close up with a light underneath can help too. Thanks :D

Crax

This was all I could get. Worse case call her a suspected female and try again next molt. I bought some macro lenses for xmas and now can take better pictures

Attachments

• 20191212_013236.jpg
    20191212_013236.jpg
    922.9 KB · Views: 13

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Still not clear I'm afraid so will stick with my initial assessment! It's difficult to get a good shot when they are small

Latest posts