• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

National Geographic..

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Does anyone else get tired of watching animal shows on tv? They make so many stupid, assumptive and dramatic comments I can't take a single one seriously. Their info is often false or misleading, for the sake of drama and selling horse**** to the average idiot...
I remember a time when these shows were my most loved getaways, a chance to live in new worlds..I was a child then, and I believed it all. Now they annoy me. What the hell happened to the world as I grew up?

Last edited:

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
David Attenborough is always better than shows that seem to just yell at you but they have all been played to death on Australian tv. There aren't really any other nature documentaries on free tv. Just now I watched The Deadly 60 which is a kids show really , and I watch Totally Wild in the mornings which is totally a kids show. Other than River Monsters I can't think of any others shown any time recently.
When I did have pay tv about 2002 one of the reasons I was persuaded to get it was the documentaries, after a month or two I would have gladly harpooned a whale or clubbed a baby seal because they were driving me nuts! Same creatures over and over when they are filming in places with amazing wildlife all around, they go to the Amazon and only show dolphins!
Life In Cold Blood was brilliant though, we need more like that!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just watched one on youtube this morning, it was about komodo dragons. Smithsonian channel. That one was pretty good, not too much sillyness. I'll check out Life in cold blood though, I don't think I've seen it.

Dave Jay

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Life in Cold Blood is a David Attenborough series dealing with reptiles and amphibians, Life in The Undergrowth is the invertebrates series I was trying to think of. They were made about 10 years ago and perhaps the information is off but the photography is awe inspiring

Last edited:

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Life in Cold Blood is a David Attenborough series dealing with reptiles and amphibians, Life in The Undergrowth is the invertebrates series I was trying to think of. They were made about 10 years ago and perhaps the information is off but the photography is awe inspiring
Curse you Dave! I found Life in cold blood on youtube..all of them, lol. Now im using up all my data for the month. I always liked Attenborough too.

Latest posts