• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

N.chromatus food

Grahamolad

Hi guys. Any advice on when to feed juvenile after delivery ? . She was shipped Monday and got her today. How long before I should offer food ? 3/4 days ? .
Also what size crickets should I offer . She's 5.8 cms.
Thanks

Tnoob

I can't effing stand crickets, they stink, they are loud, and they like to bite things. Feed whatever you want. I think I'll stick to Dubia or super/meal worms.

Grahamolad

I've tried meal worms , morio worms, small and medium crickets but he runs away from everything. Abdomen hairs are still fairly red and bald spots abdomen are still white. Is there anything I can do ? I've had him 2 weeks
Cheers

Tnoob

I've tried meal worms , morio worms, small and medium crickets but he runs away from everything. Abdomen hairs are still fairly red and bald spots abdomen are still white. Is there anything I can do ? I've had him 2 weeks
Cheers
I could be totally wrong, but I have seen a lot of people complain that the N. Chromatus aren't great eaters. Maybe your T just isn't hungry. I have heard of various species that may not eat for a year or more. I would be pretty nervous.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
N. Chromatus slings are premodonnas....they are scared of everything. You have to use prey items at least half the size they are. They are the most difficult sling I have to feed until they get some size to them.

Latest posts