• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My sling won’t eat

TOwner14

I just bought my very first tarantula as a sling and it hasn’t been fed before. I waited 3 days like I was recommended to do by the breeder and today was the day. I put a smaller live ****roach in its enclosure in the morning and then I was out the whole day, I just came home to find that the ****roach is still there and alive and my sling Cleary hasn’t touched it and kinda looks afraid of it. What should I do?

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
How big is this sling?

I feed all of my small slings beheaded mealworms. By beheading them, it gives the smallest slings easy access to the soft inner, it stops the mealworm from burrowing & it does not stop the mealworm from moving.

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I just bought my very first tarantula as a sling and it hasn’t been fed before. I waited 3 days like I was recommended to do by the breeder and today was the day. I put a smaller live ****roach in its enclosure in the morning and then I was out the whole day, I just came home to find that the ****roach is still there and alive and my sling Cleary hasn’t touched it and kinda looks afraid of it. What should I do?
Take the roach out as it will stress your sling out.. Leave it a few more days to settle and try again or you could crush the head of the roach and leave it overnight :)
Sometimes it takes a while before they are ready to eat

Latest posts