• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My GBB is afraid of eating mealworms!

Enzo C.

3 Year Member
My GBB T is literally afraid of mealworms, she doesn't try to attack it or even go near. This one instance I cut the mealworm's legs and stabbed it (to pour its juice out) she just ran away in fear of the rapid movements the mw is making. How do I teach my gbb to eat it? :/

Tguy

3 Year Member
hello enzo welcome to TF....you can't teach them to eat :)... what size is the T..how long have you had it ....what did it eat before ...do you have any pics ..did you rehome it lately...prey too big....premolt ...need more info :)

Enzo C.

3 Year Member
I have had it for a month, she just molted a week or a week and a half ago (post-moult) and shes pretty hungry and all she eats are lats (roaches) and shes having a good time webbin on the fake plants and shes only like 2.5 inches and Ive seen smaller GBB's eating mw bigger than them :/ Im pretty concerned. Just fed her a newly moulted roach and she ate it quick like fire.