• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My G. Rosea enclosure

GTarantula

3 Year Member
I'm still the new guy but I figured I'd show what I keep my Tarantula in.
This was the original enclosure I had gotten from the Reptile show. Its a pretty nice setup but it didn't seem to have enough room.

IMG_0140_zpse003d210.jpg

This is the new enclosure. More room and the spider moves around a lot more. I usually find him/her up on the branch or the rocks towards the back. I read G.Rosea aren't very active but mine seems to be pretty active. So I went to walmart and grabbed a sweater box that's also a drawer I can pull in and out.Easy for me to open and no way for her to get out. There is more than enough air besides the holes on the sides. You just can't see it due to the top of the drawer that doesn't touch but leaves 3/8ths space. So plenty of air.

IMG_0141_zps451fd472.jpg

GTarantula

3 Year Member
Yeah she's pretty active. And you may be right. I am really new to this but trying my best to learn. She comes to the front when I slide the enclosure out as if waiting for food to drop which is pretty funny.

superpetguy1

3 Year Member
My terantula is the same breed and can climb up glass walls of my cage. Just want you to watch out because your siblings, family probably won't like a terantula on the loose. Best tell you before it happens XD!

GTarantula

3 Year Member
LOL thanks for the warning. the enclosure is a drawer bin so there's no way for her to get out unless she could fit through a 3/8 opening. Her favorite spot is the moss clump I have growing in there.

Latest posts