• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Sycohearted

Ahhhh, It feels so surreal making that title, I swear! I just thought I'd make a lil' thread like I do on my rodent forums for my new little buddy!

I have been ethically researching Tarantulas since 2016 after remembering randomly one day that I used to watch "some crazy dude" named TarantulaGuy1976 nine years ago now! ;) I was a severe arachnophobic back then but I felt oddly comfortable watching his videos...Hearing him talk to his T's the way I spoke to my animals showed me that they were his babies just like my furkids are mine. As I grew up I learned who to trust when it comes to proper husbandry and who not to trust (cough petstores cough) and through that I am very well read on dozens of different species of small pets! Providing ethical husbandry and care is something I take very seriously and I'm always open to constructive criticism on my animals.

Well, on May 11th, 2019 I was given the best-worst nightmare ever of a surprise pet as a belated birthday present...I say worst because I am an avid planner and heavily prefer to be educated, prepared material-wise, and 100% ready to bring home an animal I've never had before...And...I wasn't LOL.

So, Hi! Here I am! And this is my new little guy that I hope to spend many years with <3 Thank you for having me!

60357817_1935871209850230_8919271206788530176_n.jpg

Tnoob

I defintaly don't mind reading them when the new people post them. wasn't 3 weeks ago, and I was the beginner on the site. Welcome home, good sir.

Sycohearted

@Sycohearted Welcome to the hobby :). I'm sure it won't be long before you're buying more, they're so addictive.:D
Thank you so very much! <3 It's an absolute pleasure to be here. And omg yes, I am going to a Reptile Expo (I feel like I've mentioned that about 80 times here oops :confused:) on Saturday and I need to channel every bit of willpower in my body! I would looooooove an A. Chalcodes!!!

Sycohearted

@Sycohearted I like your pictures! :)
Thank you so very much! <3

He seems like a very happy spider!! I’m glad you got him for a gift even if it was a little anxiety inducing
He is going to be even happier when I get him all set up in his new enclosure next week! Super deep substrate for burrowing and lot's of cool things to destroy, explore, and web!
Yes omg, best nightmare ever hahahaha <3 I am head over heels for him.

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Ahhhh, It feels so surreal making that title, I swear! I just thought I'd make a lil' thread like I do on my rodent forums for my new little buddy!

I have been ethically researching Tarantulas since 2016 after remembering randomly one day that I used to watch "some crazy dude" named TarantulaGuy1976 nine years ago now! ;) I was a severe arachnophobic back then but I felt oddly comfortable watching his videos...Hearing him talk to his T's the way I spoke to my animals showed me that they were his babies just like my furkids are mine. As I grew up I learned who to trust when it comes to proper husbandry and who not to trust (cough petstores cough) and through that I am very well read on dozens of different species of small pets! Providing ethical husbandry and care is something I take very seriously and I'm always open to constructive criticism on my animals.

Well, on May 11th, 2019 I was given the best-worst nightmare ever of a surprise pet as a belated birthday present...I say worst because I am an avid planner and heavily prefer to be educated, prepared material-wise, and 100% ready to bring home an animal I've never had before...And...I wasn't LOL.

So, Hi! Here I am! And this is my new little guy that I hope to spend many years with <3 Thank you for having me!

60357817_1935871209850230_8919271206788530176_n.jpg
welcome to the forum and this wonderful hobby. Maybe the person who got you the belated present thought, that's enough research now, time to put it into practice. Some more advice for you....IGNORE care sheets, they are garbage. Best advice us from people who keep and care for Ts. This forum is full if very helpful members so any questions, just shoot. :)
Lovely looking spider as well. :T:

Sycohearted

welcome to the forum and this wonderful hobby. Maybe the person who got you the belated present thought, that's enough research now, time to put it into practice. Some more advice for you....IGNORE care sheets, they are garbage. Best advice us from people who keep and care for Ts. This forum is full if very helpful members so any questions, just shoot. :)
Lovely looking spider as well. :T:
Welcome to the addiction :D
Thank you guys so much for the warm welcome! I got the best advice when someone told me that you can keep T's in larger enclosures as long as you fill it with stuff so that's just what I did today!

Sycohearted

Kevin got an upgrade and we were able to measure him! He is two and a half inches DLS.
LOTS of burrowing depth, 3 different hidey spots, a water dish, and lot's of plants for him to uproot and destroy!

EDIT: Kevin is on a diet :C I have been over feeding him, oops.
60356015_557775331413193_3442597887551209472_n.jpg

60880440_1499033120235071_3954707140563697664_n.jpg