• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My first Brachypelma ❤️

18ebolling

Brachypelma Boehmei . Look how big it’s butt is . I got it from petco so I’m figuring it is unsexed and it’s about to molt so fingers crossed for a cheap female

Attachments

• C2E0E7C0-7D12-4436-A4AD-81CB4F5FA0BD.jpeg
    C2E0E7C0-7D12-4436-A4AD-81CB4F5FA0BD.jpeg
    2.3 MB · Views: 38

timc

3 Year Member
Congrats, welcome to my favorite genus in the hobby! You won’t be disappointed and soon you’ll want to collect them all. (Get the albiceps soon, you might be retired by the time it matures)

CritterKeeper79

Brachypelma Boehmei . Look how big it’s butt is . I got it from petco so I’m figuring it is unsexed and it’s about to molt so fingers crossed for a cheap female
Very cool that you saved it. Last time I went to one the Tarantula had “sold” and the enclosures were crawling with german roaches, which I’m sure was unintentional.

18ebolling

Very cool that you saved it. Last time I went to one the Tarantula had “sold” and the enclosures were crawling with german roaches, which I’m sure was unintentional.
I was actually very surprised with the way they had this one it had lots of substrate and a premade burrow the dude there has tarantulas at home apparently . The cage was way too big for this one but otherwise was alright

18ebolling

Congrats, welcome to my favorite genus in the hobby! You won’t be disappointed and soon you’ll want to collect them all. (Get the albiceps soon, you might be retired by the time it matures)
I’ll keep that in mind , they’re all slow but is there one that is faster than others ?

timc

3 Year Member
For me, yes, relative to the rest of the genus. It’s putting on more size per molt than hamorii, klassi, emilia and of course albiceps. But in all honesty, mine is smaller than yours lol

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Smithi is probably next on my list however at petco it was either this one or an Emilia and I like this one more . Kinda wish I had bought both . Called back and it was gone
Out of curiosity, how much was petco selling them for?

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
In the uk i paid £150 for my Smithi(i know!),but she did come from Mexico with CITES forms.Hope the Mrs don't see this!

I paid £180 for our adult female & she came with a glass Exo Terra tank, lighting, plus some other bits & pieces, including the CITIES papers. I brought her off preloved, I think.

full

Nunua

3 Year Member
I have Brachypelma albiceps, B. boehmei and B. klaasi.
Lovely slings, though relatively slow growers - Doesn't matter if they're female or male because they'll life for a while :D