• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Female Grammastola Pulchra

Sergio

3 Year Member
Just wanted to share a pic!
I've had her since I purchased her in 2015 at 2", she's just moulted and to be honest I hadn't been too impressed with her until now..All I can say WOW :)

Attachments

• IMG_2034.jpg
    IMG_2034.jpg
    154.8 KB · Views: 129
Last edited:

ilovebrachys

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Just wanted to share a pic!
I've had her since I purchased her in 2015 at 2", she's just moulted and to be honest I hadn't been too impressed with her until now..All I can say WOW :)
She's Gorgeous!:D I'm very jealous-they are amazing looking Ts and a must have for anyones collection

Sergio

3 Year Member
Thank You for All the compliments..

Dumb question? How old do they have to be before breeding? Considering looking for a male..

m0lsx

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Gorgeous. We have one arriving soon..Tomorrow I think. There were two T's that my wife wanted, a GBB. (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens.) which she now has. And a Grammostola pulchra. She saw The Spider Shop had listed their disposition as Guinea Pigs & after a little reading up about them decided we just had to have one of those too.

Rs50matt

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Gorgeous. We have one arriving soon..Tomorrow I think. There were two T's that my wife wanted, a GBB. (Chromatopelma cyaneopubescens.) which she now has. And a Grammostola pulchra. She saw The Spider Shop had listed their disposition as Guinea Pigs & after a little reading up about them decided we just had to have one of those too.

In general they are very calm and lovely Ts but be aware it isn't unheard of for one to be defensive. All Ts can have mood swings :D

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Thank You for All the compliments..

Dumb question? How old do they have to be before breeding? Considering looking for a male..
they are one of the larger species topping out at 8+ inches. I wouldn't attempt breeding with a female unless she is at least 6 inches. the males can actually survive for up to 2 years on the final mature moult.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
they are one of the larger species topping out at 8+ inches. I wouldn't attempt breeding with a female unless she is at least 6 inches. the males can actually survive for up to 2 years on the final mature moult.
Just to add to what Phil said...younger females sometimes still see everything as food. I've lost a couple males recently trying to push the breeding process.

Latest posts