• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Favorite Girl!

MissKitty

I know there are lots of exotic looking T's, but this girl, I just love! I have had her almost a year, she's WC, and I hope I have her for many years to come.

Attachments

• 0720191413c.jpg
    0720191413c.jpg
    688 KB · Views: 50

MissKitty

Well. I do know it is dependant on region, and even that can bring sketchy. I live in South central New Mexico, which, by location, should be an an anax, but you can't always goby that, and even experts have a very hard time distinguishing them. So. ,for location sake, she is an anax but for color purpose, she looks more like a Hentzi. Either way, it doesn't really matter! I love her anyway!

Attachments

• 0721190949.jpg
    0721190949.jpg
    561.7 KB · Views: 22
  • 0721190948b.jpg
    0721190948b.jpg
    536.2 KB · Views: 7

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Well. I do know it is dependant on region, and even that can bring sketchy. I live in South central New Mexico, which, by location, should be an an anax, but you can't always goby that, and even experts have a very hard time distinguishing them. So. ,for location sake, she is an anax but for color purpose, she looks more like a Hentzi. Either way, it doesn't really matter! I love her anyway!
Hmm. Yeah, she's indistinguishable from my local anax. I read the Aphonopelma revision, iirc it said they can only be ID'd through localities and DNA testing. Widespread across south Texas, and while I've hunted for moderatum (not diligently enough!) anax are still the only tarantula species I find regularly here. At least I hope I'm calling them the right name..another enthusiast I know calls them all hentzi, which according to my map is incorrect. I think. :D Look up a pic of a MM chalcodes. They look just like anax. It's all very irritating...apparently they can't get all the data they need from south and central America, so they can't do a true, detailed revision of Aphonopelma. We get thousands of illegal invading hobos from those countries, and we can't even get a look at their spiders... You're right though, they're lovely little Ts.

nedaK

Hmm. Yeah, she's indistinguishable from my local anax. I read the Aphonopelma revision, iirc it said they can only be ID'd through localities and DNA testing. Widespread across south Texas, and while I've hunted for moderatum (not diligently enough!) anax are still the only tarantula species I find regularly here. At least I hope I'm calling them the right name..another enthusiast I know calls them all hentzi, which according to my map is incorrect. I think. :D Look up a pic of a MM chalcodes. They look just like anax. It's all very irritating...apparently they can't get all the data they need from south and central America, so they can't do a true, detailed revision of Aphonopelma. We get thousands of illegal invading hobos from those countries, and we can't even get a look at their spiders... You're right though, they're lovely little Ts.
One of Hentzi common names is Texas brown tarantula...

Latest posts