• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My Current Scorps

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Awesome! Those gracilis mate like bunnies..lol. Plus the stigmurus will have several immaculate conceptions:)
Baby scorps are fun, you're gonna have your hands full :D

Thanks, bud! Yup, I have 27 2i gracilis scorplings that I'm currently raising. Boy, THAT'S been fun. hahaha

I can't wait for my stigmurus to pull some Virgin Mary action! Wait...that means MORE baby scorpions? Oh, no...

;)

Last edited:

AlbatrossWarrior

3 Year Member
I love gracilis, I got 4 of them from a breeder that were all 2i, and it's been a few weeks and all of them have died.. :confused: I'm so confused how, I was told that they could be kept at about the same conditions as a B. jacksoni, which I also own and she's thriving, so I'm lost
How do you guys keep yours?

Tomoran

3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I love gracilis, I got 4 of them from a breeder that were all 2i, and it's been a few weeks and all of them have died.. :confused: I'm so confused how, I was told that they could be kept at about the same conditions as a B. jacksoni, which I also own and she's thriving, so I'm lost
How do you guys keep yours?

I keep mine on slightly-moist substrate with cork bark and leaf litter for hides. For the scorplings, they are in small deli containers and pill bottles; my communal is in a large critter keeper, as is my adult female. I spray down the sides once a week or so to give them a drink (and the larger ones have a water dish). If I notice the substrate getting too dry, I'll pour some water down the edges and let it soak down to the bottom. Temps are around 75. I hope that helps!

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
I keep mine on slightly-moist substrate with cork bark and leaf litter for hides. For the scorplings, they are in small deli containers and pill bottles; my communal is in a large critter keeper, as is my adult female. I spray down the sides once a week or so to give them a drink (and the larger ones have a water dish). If I notice the substrate getting too dry, I'll pour some water down the edges and let it soak down to the bottom. Temps are around 75. I hope that helps!
My care is almost identical to this. @AlbatrossWarrior I've found that baby scorps have a much higher mortality rate then spiderlings. Don't know why. Any "humid" species requires a lot of attention. The dry species not so much, they seem much tougher.

AlbatrossWarrior

3 Year Member

That's pretty much exactly how I kept mine :/ I guess just infant mortality or something (The first one to die got stuck in his molt while he was being shipped to me, though)

@MassExodus Yeah, maybe I just wasn't paying attention and they got a little too dry

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
That's pretty much exactly how I kept mine :/ I guess just infant mortality or something (The first one to die got stuck in his molt while he was being shipped to me, though)

@MassExodus Yeah, maybe I just wasn't paying attention and they got a little too dry
Not necessarily..I'll never, ever buy 2i scorps again, I've had too many die that I was taking care of just fine. After 3i they have a better chance at surviving. I recommend a dry species, they're more like tarantulas. H troglodytes and especially paucidens are my favorite. Very cool scorps, low venom potency, big claws, usually rather docile. They do get a little pinchy but its nothing :) Apparently they're a ***** to breed though. Im going to try it.

AlbatrossWarrior

3 Year Member
Not necessarily..I'll never, ever buy 2i scorps again, I've had too many die that I was taking care of just fine. After 3i they have a better chance at surviving. I recommend a dry species, they're more like tarantulas. H troglodytes and especially paucidens are my favorite. Very cool scorps, low venom potency, big claws, usually rather docile. They do get a little pinchy but its nothing :) Apparently they're a ***** to breed though. Im going to try it.

I LOVE H. paucidens and troglodytes, was trying to look for one two years ago EVERYWHERE but couldn't find any. Then two months ago after I bought everything at Rexpo of course I saw a huge troglodytes sitting on a desk for sale. :mad:
I definitely prefer my dry species like my tiny H. spinigerus, though he hasn't molted in the year I've had him and is still teeny

Latest posts