• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

My baby LP won't eat

nemesis.T.

3 Year Member
Its been 2 weeks and she hasn't ate or molted i don't kno why she is really active can someone help?

nemesis.T.

3 Year Member
1/2 sling (lasiadora parahybana)

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1418708531648.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418708531648.jpg
    414.1 KB · Views: 234
  • uploadfromtaptalk1418708544103.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1418708544103.jpg
    499.5 KB · Views: 240

hellknite

3 Year Member
Is it really still active and moving around?
My LP sling previously didnt eat for 3 months prior to a molt. Looking at the lining on its abdomen may look like on early premolt but not so sure the photo gets blurred while zooming in.

And by the way, the water dish is way too big for such a sling. You can slightly mist the sides of the delicup for humidity. Slings can hydrate themselves through their prey. Try removing the dish.

nemesis.T.

3 Year Member
Ok thanx alot for info and yes he is really active, so it can go several weeks without eating even that small??

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
When my 2 were small I put a little piece of plastic plant, even just a leaf in and sprayed that every day or two.

nemesis.T.

3 Year Member
I've had him/her for about 5 months and never had issues with the water dish.. it eas super small when i first got it its exciting to watch it grow☺

Martin Oosthuysen

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
1/2 sling (lasiadora parahybana)
Hello
Looking at the photo,you can add a small hide. You can add a water bowl at any size,also Lasiodora specimens are hardy. I would suspect it has an upcoming molt,with my specimens they eat almost up to a molt. Some use substrate that has been misted etc,I use dry and a water dish that is it.

All my specimens were extremely small when I got them,won't even mention a size. Now the largest is easily pushing 9inches maybe more. In my opinion you have to be totally irresponsible to let one of these die,they are just so hardy. Some can take extremes better than others,and this in my opinion is one of them.

Last edited:

Lady Lilith

3 Year Member
Hello. I also am the proud guardian of an LP. He is now about 5 - 6 inches DLS and worries me to death every time he comes on a molt. Before now, he would lose all his hair, swell up like a ballon about to pop, go all black and bald in the abdomen, and not eat only a few days before he molted. NOW, though, he does not lose hair, or swell up, or go all black or anything. He just stops eating. FOR LIKE TWO MONTHS :( And, now that he molted two weeks ago, he STILL has not eaten. It is driving me to distraction worrying if something is wrong. There are two forms of food items I offer, Dubias and crickets, and he has refused both. I imagine he will eat when he is hungry, at least I hope so. Anyway, glad yours finally has :)

nemesis.T.

3 Year Member
I have a 7" male and yes mine will go without food for a month or so sometimes, so dont worry he will eat sooner or later and my baby lp molted again so im happy. Dont worry urs will be fine.

Lady Lilith

3 Year Member
I have a 7" male and yes mine will go without food for a month or so sometimes, so dont worry he will eat sooner or later and my baby lp molted again so im happy. Dont worry urs will be fine.

Hello Nemesis and thank you for your response. Pickles is doing his little T thing and burrowing his way to who knows where around his tank. I haven't seen him eat yet, but that doesn't mean he hasn't. Dubious burrow too, so he might have grabbed on up and I just didn't see it or they are both buried. No matter, as you said, and others have advised, he will eat when he is hungry.

Have a great night :)

Greg wilcox

3 Year Member
I have an Australian tarantula I have been putting water into the soil every time it gets dry it however hasn't eaten for about a month I'm hoping it will molt soon can someone tell me iff this is correct or not as this is my first tarantula​

Latest posts