• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mr.T's problem

Bryan

So,my Grammostola pulchripes sling refuse to take his meal for already quite some time...maybe 1 week and a half? Here's a picture of him,and is his abdomen consider as plump or shrinked? How long can it be starved ?
IMG_20181012_184640.jpg
IMG_20181012_184640.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Try squashing the head of the food item next time but I'd wait 4-5 days before you try again. Ts can go long periods without food as long as they have water available at all times.

Bryan

Try squashing the head of the food item next time but I'd wait 4-5 days before you try again. Ts can go long periods without food as long as they have water available at all times.
Thanks for the reply.Btw,do u have any problems about Ts tring to get out of their enclosure? I'm also having this problem as he always trying to find a way out...
15394281640804030353792960241902.jpg

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
That's quite common. I have 1, a tiny Pseudhapalopus, that when I check will be right at the bottom of it's deli but by the time I lift the lid it is in the lid, talk about teleporting :D

Bryan

That's quite common. I have 1, a tiny Pseudhapalopus, that when I check will be right at the bottom of it's deli but by the time I lift the lid it is in the lid, talk about teleporting :D
Hahahah,these adorable lil T's are so unpredictable :T: Thanks for the information:D

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Hi @Bryan, welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of T keeping. Climbing could be a sign of the substrate being too damp. G Pulchripes don't like it too wet so try to only have moisture on one side, the other side dry so he/she has the choice. RE: feeding, general rule.of thumb is don't offer food that is larger than the abdomen unless you pre kill like others have mentioned. The enclosure may be a bit too large atm and so I would try to fill with a small piece of cork or some plastic plants/ leavws so it can feel more secure and have somewhere to call home. Hope you find all this useful. Happy T keeping :)

Bryan

Hi @Bryan, welcome to the forum and the wonderful world of T keeping. Climbing could be a sign of the substrate being too damp. G Pulchripes don't like it too wet so try to only have moisture on one side, the other side dry so he/she has the choice. RE: feeding, general rule.of thumb is don't offer food that is larger than the abdomen unless you pre kill like others have mentioned. The enclosure may be a bit too large atm and so I would try to fill with a small piece of cork or some plastic plants/ leavws so it can feel more secure and have somewhere to call home. Hope you find all this useful. Happy T keeping :)
Woahhhh,that explains a lot...I've moisten his enclosure by spraying waters into the substrate yesterday and it seems thats the reason why he prefers to stay on that spot...Thanks for the information and friendly welcome!:D

Phil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Woahhhh,that explains a lot...I've moisten his enclosure by spraying waters into the substrate yesterday and it seems thats the reason why he prefers to stay on that spot...Thanks for the information and friendly welcome!:D
NP, happy to help :)

Latest posts