1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Moth mini "rant"

Discussion in 'Invertebrate Pet Talk' started by ArdorAphonopelma, Nov 3, 2018.

1. ArdorAphonopelma

ArdorAphonopelma Member

Man I love them but they're more needy than dogs I swear, always making noise when flying, they poop a lot, one of them is laying eggs everywhere(even on the pupae), Stubborn, etc. They're lucky I think they're cute, Despite my complaining and me telling people that I'll never raise moth children again I bet you that I'm gonna get more cause I think they're great, they're much fluffier than butterflies and wayyy more calmer, One of my moths escaped and I got it back into the tank within seconds cause it willingly landed on my hand. Also unlike butterflies, Moths are meme worthy, I'll probably get one of the larger species like the Black Witch, don't know where I'll get it but I have ways of finding out.
    Enn49 and Dave Jay like this.
  2. Dave Jay

Dave Jay Well-Known Member

What sort of moths do you have now?
  3. ArdorAphonopelma

ArdorAphonopelma Member

Tobacco hawk/Carolina sphinx moths(manduca sexta) was originally gonna be fed to my t as hornworms but they went into pupation before they can be fed and I think they're cute so I can't feed them to her.
    Dave Jay and Enn49 like this.