1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mosquitos..

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chit Chat' started by MassExodus, Sep 20, 2018.

1. MassExodus

MassExodus Well-Known Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

Its been raining or trying to rain here for three weeks now. I went outside to fix a flat on my motorcycle, and I got eaten alive by mosquitos. Of all the insects in this world, there's only one I absolutely hate. Mosquitos. There must have been 50 of them, aggressively having at me. I've never seen them swarm like this. I swear they tried to carry me off, like that scene in Pitch Black. I probably have the west nile and zika viruses now. I took some repellent out and waited til they started coming at me, and wasted the whole can killing them. Lmao. Sweet revenge. Don't judge me!
    Arachnoclown and Dave Jay like this.
  2. Tortoise Tom

Tortoise Tom Well-Known Member

Awful creatures. This is why I get really pissed at people who mess with bats. I had serious words at the shotgun range during a night shoot one time with a stupid ass that took a shot at a bat and then stupidly proclaimed "If it flies, it dies...". Seldom have I ever been more ashamed of a fellow shooter. He got an earful and an education that night, let me tell you...

Bats will eat 1000+ mosquitos in a night. A pregnant or nursing momma bat will sometimes eat 3000+ of the little flying pests in a night. Hate mosquitos? Build or buy and maintain a bat box on your property.
  3. Mr. P

Mr. P Well-Known Member

Love me some bats. I have two bat houses on my house and six in my backyard and all are full.
  4. Arachnoclown

Arachnoclown Well-Known Member Premium Member 1,000+ Post Club

5. MassExodus

MassExodus Well-Known Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

A bat box. Sweet, new project!
    Mr. P likes this.