• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Molted but hasn't come out if webbing?

Cavity

Hi, im still fairly new with tarantulas and this is my first molting experience and im a little worried my t isnt okay.
My pink toe started her webbing sept. 12 IMG_1893.JPG
and completely shedded her old exoskeloton Nov. 3 IMG_2155.JPG
but still hasnt come out of her cocoon... is this okay?

She's been in her web without food for almost 10 weeks
& completely molted for almost 4 weeks

I know they can go without food for a long time but almost all of the post ive read on pink toes molting it seems like they don't take as long to come out as mine is doing now.

Noreenns

My pink toe is a big eater...... she's molted twice since I got her in November. She came out of her cocoon pretty soon after her first molt but stayed in a couple weeks after her second..... once I knew she was safe to be fed after her molt I opened the top of her cocoon and set a cricket there she grabbed it but stayed inside. I did this a couple times a day for 2 days then I waited 2 days and put a cricket in her enclosure and after a few hours she came out of her cocoon and went down to the bottom of her plant where her cocoon is and grabbed it..... now she's coming out more often and longer everyday. I hope all goes well, I don't know what i'll do when I lose my first T. I have a pink toe and a Chilean rose and am looking for my next T.

Latest posts