• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

molt

James1975

hi every one,my gramastola pulchripes has finally come out her hide after molting,its been about 5 weeks.a week before she unsealed her burrow,she looks completely diffrent,very thin and very long legs,which looks like male,i did feed her but i dont know if that was a good idea,as she may not have hardened up yet.and she doesnt seem that brightly coloured.any sugestions.

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
Glad your T has molted. If you can see 'bulbs' on the end of its pedipalps and tibial hooks on its 1st pair of legs then it's definitely male.

Why don't you post a picture of the molt up on the relevant board because there are users here who will be able to sex it for you. Google how to prepare a molt for sexing (if you've not done it before), it seems pretty straightforward, but you need to take a clear close up shot of the area between and just above the anterior (top) set of book lungs.

For the future, if it's fangs are completely black, that means they've hardened and it's safe to feed.

James1975

sorry late responce i dont think its got bulbs or tribal hooks,i dont think they get them till they are mature.and considering they are docile its a crazy feeder even better than my a geniculata,its always out on show.i will post a picture on the right board thanks.

Latest posts