• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Might consider

ArachnoHorn

3 Year Member
I already have a tarantula collection. I may start getting scorpions now. I am a total beginner because I never had a scorpion before. If you think you are experienced, feel free to help me!

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
My son and I have a desert hairy and two emperors. I am definitely not an expert but I can recommend a desert hairy (Hadrurus arizonensis). They are solid little beast not requiring a lot of maintenance while having a very long life expectancy. Moreover they are easy to find and are fairly inexpensive.
Cheers.

ArachnoHorn

3 Year Member
My son and I have a desert hairy and two emperors. I am definitely not an expert but I can recommend a desert hairy (Hadrurus arizonensis). They are solid little beast not requiring a lot of maintenance while having a very long life expectancy. Moreover they are easy to find and are fairly inexpensive.
Cheers.
so Do I have to give the scorpion a hide?

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It depends on which scorpion you'll get.
My DH has a hide but also loves to create his own burrows as he digs and changes his enclosure layout all the time.

Oursapoil

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Like tarantulas, there are many different scorpions with many different needs. My best advice is to select one, do all your research on it and start with it. Soon enough you will see if you are as interested in it as you would be with tarantulas. As an example, we have our 3 scorpions because my son wanted some, but we also have assassin bugs, scolopendras, a bearded dragon and about 90 Ts :D
You can try different things until you'll find what you really like the most, just keep in mind that regardless of what it is you are getting, they are living creatures and you are making a commitment ;)
Cheers.

Latest posts