• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Meal worm longevity

tapkoote

3 Year Member
My second b smithi was about 2 1/2 inch when I got him ( bought as a 3" female though) (the second female i've got thats been a male) and the whole of my collection.
First I got him some small crickets, then a container of 50 small meal worms.
That container was bought around the second week of January it was - dated 1-4-18. Just 50 small meal worms, I was warned they don't last long. I kept them in the fridge, pulled out once a week and warmed up/given a drop of water and cheerie-os. Today is 7-06-18, and he got the last beetle today. He's been through one molt and will need some crickets. But I thought it was remarkable those meal worms could last so long. Much cheaper than crickets, if you're not raising your own stinking crickets.;)

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
It depends on how cold your fridge is. Earthworms also last long but they should be an occasional treat only, not the primary food source.

Super worms and was worms don't do well in a fridge and last a much shorter time in my experience.

Latest posts