• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mature males

Doozer

3 Year Member
I have a MM P. Irminia
MM H. Macula
2 MM P. Murinus Tete Mozambique

All I want is 3 slings from the pairing or will trade for different species. I will require a $100 deposit per tarantula that I will return once I recieve the slings. Shipping costs can also be negotiated. Message me if you are interested.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Being a breeder the males aren't even worth $100 each. $70 max with a out right purchase. No slings.

A real world breeding deal would be the breeder pay shipping for the males and in return you would pay to have slings shipped back to you.

jrh3

3 Year Member
Being a breeder the males aren't even worth $100 each. $70 max with a out right purchase. No slings.

A real world breeding deal would be the breeder pay shipping for the males and in return you would pay to have slings shipped back to you.
Spot on, this is what I not always do too. Lately, I have been seeing Those species MM for 40-70.

Doozer

3 Year Member
What if something happens and the sac does not produce offspring? There are a lot of variables when breeding, would the 100 get refunded if there was no slings produced?
Ok so I am not a "real world" breeder. Not a breeder at all for that matter. Would asking for two slings be more realistic. I would still ask for a deposit because I have been burned in the past. Or I will just sell them outright for market value.

jrh3

3 Year Member
Ok so I am not a "real world" breeder. Not a breeder at all for that matter. Would asking for two slings be more realistic. I would still ask for a deposit because I have been burned in the past. Or I will just sell them outright for market value.
I maybe interested in the Irminia, what would you take for it? I could buy outright amd still send a few slings if i got any.

Doozer

3 Year Member
I maybe interested in the Irminia, what would you take for it? I could buy outright amd still send a few slings if i got

I maybe interested in the Irminia, what would you take for it? I could buy outright amd still send a few slings if i got any
How about 50. I was only asking 100 dollars because I do not know what they are worth.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
A deposit would be ridiculous to ask with the mentioned arboreals and the baboons. The chances to save the male is slim to none without the breeder being tagged. The said species are all best for the breeder to co habitat. Ive been tagged a few times trying to save a old world males...not worth it. Especially losing a deposit to a male that's probably going to be eaten. Out right sale is best

Doozer

3 Year Member
A deposit would be ridiculous to ask with the arboreals and the baboons. The chances to save the male is slim to none without the breeder being tagged. The said species are all best for the breeder to co habitat. Ive been tagged a few times trying to save a old world males...not worth it. Especially losing a deposit to a male that's probably going to be eaten.
Then I will just sale outright. No big deal.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Dang Hes probably not producing sperm anymore. It's best to pair males 1-2 months after maturing. 4 months after maturing is what most breeders use as a cut off date of being fertile. Personally I've tried dozens older males that where still producing webs but I've never got a fertile sack.

octanejunkie

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Dang Hes probably not producing sperm anymore. It's best to pair males 1-2 months after maturing. 4 months after maturing is what most breeders use as a cut off date of being fertile. Personally I've tried dozens older males that where still producing webs but I've never got a fertile sack.
I've had hit and miss with older males, too.
I paired my my C versicolor female back in July/August with an older male and she just dropped a sac 2 days ago - we will see how viable the sac is in 30-45 days.

Doozer

3 Year Member
That sucks. I wish I had known that. Well I guess I will just enjoy them until they pass