• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male tarantula appreciation

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Young male Theraphosa stirmi
20180425_093019.jpg

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here's a few of my mature male H pulchripes before I sent him out to a breeder.

H pulchripes hooked out 5.jpg
H pulchripes hooked out 4.jpg
H pulchripes Matchmaker 1.jpg
H pulchripes Matchmaker 2.jpg
H pulchripes hooked out 3.jpg
H pulchripes hooked out 2.jpg

The last pic I got off him was in the shipping container. Irregardless of sex, these guys area great species. He, as reported by the breeder, did pair up several times but still no egg sac from the female.

The male is still alive and doing well.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So now at last, I got a few pics of my ultra reclusive strongly suspect immature male P vittata, aka Clyde. He's not a bad looking T. I wish he'd show up more often.

Yes, his sister is known as Bonnie but she isn't out now which is weird.

I got 2 pics without a flash just so I could get multiple pics. Once I got those, I got 2 more with a flash. They are all of the same spider.

P vittata Clyde out at last 2.jpg
P vittata Clyde out at last 1.jpg
P vittata Clyde no flash 2.jpg
P vittata Clyde no flash 1.jpg

The photo editing software does a decent job but the flash is much better. I just didn't want him to run. A minute later, he's vanished as mysteriously as he appeared.

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here's Patrick, my male P striata, freshly molted. He looks great and is freaking huge!! I'm beginning to wonder if he can stay in that cage or if I'll have to those him.

P striata Patrick molt 10-1-18a.jpg
P striata Patrick molted 10-1-18b.jpg

I'll also get a link to the actual cage cleaning video but I'm putting it in photos and videos not here.

PanzoN88

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Here's a few of my mature male H pulchripes before I sent him out to a breeder.

View attachment 32389 View attachment 32390 View attachment 32391 View attachment 32392 View attachment 32393 View attachment 32394

The last pic I got off him was in the shipping container. Irregardless of sex, these guys area great species. He, as reported by the breeder, did pair up several times but still no egg sac from the female.

The male is still alive and doing well.
Might I ask at what size your male matured? (i just got a sexed pair recently and I don't know much about their size at maturity)

Whitelightning777

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Might I ask at what size your male matured? (i just got a sexed pair recently and I don't know much about their size at maturity)

He was just under 4" dls. If you look at him in the shipping container, that opening was about 2" to maybe 2.5". The diameter of the top of the shipping container is 4 inches.

He could almost reach side to side but not quite when I got him in. The breeder says he's still alive and he is seeing if anyone else has a female. He had multiple successful pairings.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
This will be a sad entry about a handsome mature Male that matured too fast to even mate. I recieved this Male from @WolfSpider to mate with my female and a couple of my friends. Jason shipped him out to me from clear across the country...one ocean to the other. When I recieved him he was packed well and in great shape. My female just molted so I started feeding her so we could pair them soon as possible.
USER_SCOPED_TEMP_DATA_MSGR_PHOTO_FOR_UPLOAD_1541640332817.jpg_1541640353102.jpeg
20181124_202935.jpg

This morning I woke up and got things ready for the pairing. When I picked up the enclosure for the Male I instantly noticed something wrong. He was in a full death curl. Just 3 days ago he made a new sperm web too. I'm completely floored by this loss. He was a extremely chill spider and I looked forward to having his offspring in my collection. He fully matured in 15 months...that's crazy fast. I gave him a warrior's funeral. Rest in peace buddy.
20171112_194944_1.gif