• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mature female OBT?

spodermin

I have a mature male OBT looking for some furrow and a female which is definitely not full sized but perhaps is mature. It's slightly larger than the MM in terms of DLS with an exceptionally larger carapace and abdomen. Can anyone give me the rough measurements of when a female should be mature before I feed him to her? She's about 4" DLS

I can't really find any pics that give a decent size reference

Jess S

1,000+ Post Club
I have a mature male OBT looking for some furrow and a female which is definitely not full sized but perhaps is mature. It's slightly larger than the MM in terms of DLS with an exceptionally larger carapace and abdomen. Can anyone give me the rough measurements of when a female should be mature before I feed him to her? She's about 4" DLS

I can't really find any pics that give a decent size reference

If there was Post of the Week, this would be my winner!
"Looking for some furrow".. ....." Feed him to her"!!! I needed a good laugh today! You really should post on here more often! Love it :D :D :D

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
All my obt pairings have never gone in the males favor. They are nasty little ladies. The younger the female the faster she seams to dispatch him. Gotta give him a wide berth to get away....or she will catch him. I dont intervene with this species and a few others. They are way to fast to react to and I'm not going to take a bite for him. I let nature run its course.

spodermin

All my obt pairings have never gone in the males favor. They are nasty little ladies. The younger the female the faster she seams to dispatch him. Gotta give him a wide berth to get away....or she will catch him. I dont intervene with this species and a few others. They are way to fast to react to and I'm not going to take a bite for him. I let nature run its course.

Theyve already paired 3 times and hes now just hanging out in there with her. Gonna pull him out when hes in a better position to get a cup on

Attachments

• Screenshot_20191009_155824_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    Screenshot_20191009_155824_com.huawei.himovie.overseas.jpg
    1 MB · Views: 11