• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Mamma might be dead

HiramSpider

The mother that had my false Ts may be in a death curl, i thought she was supposed to open the den. Should i wait and see or open the den so her spawn can roam free?

Well, I don’t know much about breeding, but I know mamma T, will remain with the brood until she feels they are big enough, then she will open the cocoon and let them be free. I recommend opening it up before then, that way your not chasing slings everywhere! Get mom out of the way, use a large fan bristle brush to guide her out of the nest and put her in a separate container so you can collect the slings without getting bit! Mom will be aggressive, tread carefully and use LONG tweezers to tear into the web. Good luck!

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
@HiramSpider I'm sorry I must have missed this when you posted it. I don't have any real experience of breeding which is probably why I didn't answer.
What was the outcome? Did the little ones make it out and did mum survive?

Latest posts