• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Male Scorpion lifespans?

ArdorAphonopelma

3 Year Member
While lifespans vary from species to species, I've read that Scorpion males,unlike tarantulas, can live the same amount of years as a female, was wondering if this is true or not. I've got my eyes on a flat rock but I don't want to spend so much money on something that'll live a year or so.

Tfghvghxhjj

3 Year Member
As far as my limited knowledge goes, females live longer than males. If you buy a fully grown wild scorpion, be prepared for it to only live a year, as the it's age would be unknown and it could die of some parasite it had from where it was caught, or some other disease. I bought a wild caught Tanzanian red claw (Pandinus Cavimanus) a couple of years a go - it died after a year and a half. Obviously if it is known to be captive bred then the lifepspan after full maturity could potentially be longer.

Latest posts