1. Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lucy lu

Discussion in 'Vertebrate Pet Talk' started by Arachnoclown, Dec 20, 2017.

1. Arachnoclown

Arachnoclown Well-Known Member Premium Member 1,000+ Post Club

Lucy is a American pitbull that we adopted. She was resuced from a kill shelter. We got her at six months old so we don't have any puppy pictures but one. She enjoys being with me every minute she can. She helps out on feeding the Ts weekly. When we get a stray cricket she stays on it or tracks it down till I can get it. She enjoys watching her male T. Stirmi hunt his crickets. (His tank is at her eye level) She is very sweet and loves to cuddle and play with our four cats. She's very smart and will do lots of tricks and even bring the mail to me. It's hard to imagine that she would have been put down as a puppy just because of her breed. She has no idea she's a "pitbull"...I think she thinks shes human
  2. Tortoise Tom

Tortoise Tom Well-Known Member

People who know the breed usually love them. I've had a few over the years. Wonderful dogs. Lucy looks very sweet.
    Arachnoclown likes this.
  3. Metalman2004

Metalman2004 Well-Known Member

Good looking dog!

Our dog is a mutt but there’s definitely pit in her. Really smart and a great dog. Got her from the pound at 5 weeks. I’d never pay a breeder when I can save a puppy instead!
    Arachnoclown and Dave Jay like this.
  4. Arachnoclown

Just got Lucy a couple friends... Screenshot_20180816-170004_Video Player.jpg Charlee
    Screenshot_20180816-170101_Video Player.jpg Harlee
    They are both American pitbull terrier, Staffordshire, boxer mix females. They have really changed Lucy...shes got more confidence now. Shes a great big sister.
    MassExodus likes this.
  5. MassExodus

MassExodus Well-Known Member 3 Year Member 1,000+ Post Club

How did I miss this? Great dogs. My family has always had pitbulls. Those pups are adorable. I just had a little black puppy, that some sorry sack of shit had abandoned on my road, run up to my truck a few weeks ago. He lives next door now, with my brothers boxer and female blue pit. Ive never seen a gentler dog with a strange puppy. She adopted him..
    Arachnoclown likes this.
  6. MassExodus

So I was in petco yesterday for superworms and a kid has a white female pit in a harness. I start talking to him, and petting her, turns out he got her from a rescue shelter. She'd been abused and some fkr had broken her pelvis. She was very sweet, and afraid of my friend, but she let me pet her and licked me, right on my glasses. She was very wary of people walking by and cringed away. For the first time in many years I felt like crying. Took everything I had to hold it in, shake the kids hand and walk away. My friend wisely said nothing. And I wonder why I drink so much. I cant stop thinking about her. Even now, with my finger throbbing from a bite, my right hip and shoulder hurting from a motorcycle wreck, and a hangover headache. Feeling rather low. And extremely angry. Had to get that out, sorry.
    Arachnoclown likes this.
  7. Arachnoclown

Well it sounds like you have a soft heart my friend. Maybe this will cheer you up. Heres my sweet girl...
    MassExodus likes this.
  8. MassExodus

Ha! She's very calm. Classic beauty right there. She liked that warm sun. I wish mine would get in and out of the tub, I have to lift all three of them :rolleyes: Nice intro, btw! That did cheer me up, I tend to focus on the negative too often.
    Arachnoclown likes this.
  9. Arachnoclown

It's hard to believe she was going to be put down in a kill shelter just because of her breed. Shes so gentle, loving, and extremely smart. I'll post up a video tonight of her and her two new sisters playing. That will definitely cheer you up. :)
    MassExodus likes this.
  10. MassExodus

Sweet! I look forward to it.
  11. MassExodus

By the way, I can be soft hearted, but some parts of me can be really hard. Wait, that came out wrong. Or did it?
    Arachnoclown likes this.