• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Lucy lu

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Lucy is a American pitbull that we adopted. She was resuced from a kill shelter. We got her at six months old so we don't have any puppy pictures but one. She enjoys being with me every minute she can. She helps out on feeding the Ts weekly. When we get a stray cricket she stays on it or tracks it down till I can get it. She enjoys watching her male T. Stirmi hunt his crickets. (His tank is at her eye level) She is very sweet and loves to cuddle and play with our four cats. She's very smart and will do lots of tricks and even bring the mail to me. It's hard to imagine that she would have been put down as a puppy just because of her breed. She has no idea she's a "pitbull"...I think she thinks shes human

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
Just got Lucy a couple friends...
Screenshot_20180816-170004_Video Player.jpg
Charlee
Screenshot_20180816-170101_Video Player.jpg
Harlee
They are both American pitbull terrier, Staffordshire, boxer mix females. They have really changed Lucy...shes got more confidence now. Shes a great big sister.

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
How did I miss this? Great dogs. My family has always had pitbulls. Those pups are adorable. I just had a little black puppy, that some sorry sack of **** had abandoned on my road, run up to my truck a few weeks ago. He lives next door now, with my brothers boxer and female blue pit. Ive never seen a gentler dog with a strange puppy. She adopted him..

MassExodus

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
So I was in petco yesterday for superworms and a kid has a white female pit in a harness. I start talking to him, and petting her, turns out he got her from a rescue shelter. She'd been abused and some fkr had broken her pelvis. She was very sweet, and afraid of my friend, but she let me pet her and licked me, right on my glasses. She was very wary of people walking by and cringed away. For the first time in many years I felt like crying. Took everything I had to hold it in, shake the kids hand and walk away. My friend wisely said nothing. And I wonder why I drink so much. I cant stop thinking about her. Even now, with my finger throbbing from a bite, my right hip and shoulder hurting from a motorcycle wreck, and a hangover headache. Feeling rather low. And extremely angry. Had to get that out, sorry.

Arachnoclown

1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
It's hard to believe she was going to be put down in a kill shelter just because of her breed. Shes so gentle, loving, and extremely smart. I'll post up a video tonight of her and her two new sisters playing. That will definitely cheer you up. :)

Latest posts