• Are you a Tarantula hobbyist? If so, we invite you to join our community! Once you join you'll be able to post messages, upload pictures of your pets and enclosures and chat with other Tarantula enthusiasts. Sign up today!

Losses

Mygalomorphic

Wednesday I came home to find my brand new L. sericata dead. This evening I find my tiny Eresus sling dead. I have never spent so much for a spider and really had to think long and hard before buying it. Losing any animal is rough but I won’t lie when I say the monetary loss is hurting a bit more.

Enn49

Staff member
1,000+ Post Club
3 Year Member
Tarantula Club Member
I'm so sorry. These things happen for no apparent reason which is why I won't buy expensive slings.

Jenniferinfl

I'm sorry, both sides of it suck. It's awful even to lose a cheapie or a freebie, but, then you also have the monetary awful part too.

One time I had the pleasure of a pesticide incident that killed easily about $1500 in tarantulas.

It was truly awful, most of them I'd had over a year where they were starting to get colors and stuff. I know that complicated feeling you're talking about- you feel awful for the spiders but also awful about the waste of money. Like I could've just burned the money instead AND also not had to watch pets die.